cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ARGB header 1 stopped working with latest bios 4004.

D-Rocky
Level 7
Just upgraded to the latest bios version 4004 and argb header 1 stopped working with Aura. I have some argb's plugged into header two and those work fine. When I disable the sync to the header the lights light up fine. I see that with the new bios it did a LED firmware update, which I haven't seen before with any of the other bios's. I think there is a bug with current Aura and the latest bios released. Any sugestions?
49 REPLIES 49

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi vcoding,
Does it only recognize ram in aura sync on bios 3904 with bios all default settings?
How did you adjust bios settings or Armoury Crate settings to make the ram RGB off in sleep mode?
Was the ram RGB off? or just motherboard RGB was off?
Thank you.

let me recap everything:

- I was running 4002 and everything was working as it should, Aura Sync was seeing all my rgb devices and I could control them
- I updated to 4004 which also included a Led Firmware update = Aura sync stopped seeing all devices apart from Ram -> I could only control the colours on Ram
- I tried uninstalling/installing Armoury Crate, resetting Bios, flashed 3904 and 4002 with same results = In Bios - Advanced - Onboard Devices Configuration - Rgb leds settings -> when I turn all off Aura Sync doesn't see any devices at all but the Rams rgb's are ON when the pc is in sleep mode or awake -> all rgb's are off when pc is Off -> when PC is on, only Ram rgb's are on. When I turn All rgb's On in Bios = All rgb's are On when pc is On but Aura Sync only see Ram. Again, when Pc is in sleep mode Ram Rgb stay on but all others rgb's turn off.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vcoding,
Could you please use Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer to reinstall Armoury Crate, and update all items in update center?
If it still recognize ram only in aura sync and ram RGB stays on in sleep mode or awake when you turn all off aura sync in bios, may I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your ram, graphics card, PSU, OS drive, and connected ARGB devices
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4400C19D-16GTZSW.)
- OS version and OS build
- Armoury Crate log via PM
In Armoury Crate "Settings"① and check "About"② page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"③, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once you agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log. Please enter update center and aura sync page to capture screenshots or record a video. If you can help to record a video, please also let me see the aura light condition in your pc. Then, please click "Generate log data"③ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file) and share me the log file and screenshots or video via PM.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi vcoding,
Could you please use Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer to reinstall Armoury Crate, and update all items in update center?
If it still recognize ram only in aura sync and ram RGB stays on in sleep mode or awake when you turn all off aura sync in bios, may I have the following information?
- the serial number of your motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your ram, graphics card, PSU, OS drive, and connected ARGB devices
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4400C19D-16GTZSW.)
- OS version and OS build
- Armoury Crate log via PM
In Armoury Crate "Settings"â‘* and check "About"â‘¡ page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"â‘¢, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once you agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log. Please enter update center and aura sync page to capture screenshots or record a video. If you can help to record a video, please also let me see the aura light condition in your pc. Then, please click "Generate log data"â‘¢ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file) and share me the log file and screenshots or video via PM.
Thank you.

Pm sent with as much info as I could get. Thanks

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vcoding,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll consult our tech team more about your scenario.

BillBittel
Level 12
Safedisk has released beta Bios 4005 on overclock.net. For those that don't know, Safedisk is an Asus employee who always releases beta Bios versions on overclock.net.

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Series 4005 BETA BIOS

1. Aura Sync bug Fix

New AGESA version has been applied, but there may be bugs.
So please rollback to the previous version if you have any problems
Thanks

https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-rog-x570-crosshair-viii-overclocking-discussion-thread.172879...

BillBittel wrote:
Safedisk has released beta Bios 4005 on overclock.net. For those that don't know, Safedisk is an Asus employee who always releases beta Bios versions on overclock.net.

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Series 4005 BETA BIOS

1. Aura Sync bug Fix

New AGESA version has been applied, but there may be bugs.
So please rollback to the previous version if you have any problems
Thanks

https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-rog-x570-crosshair-viii-overclocking-discussion-thread.172879...

tested this and Armoury Crate / Aura Sync it's all same as it started to be since I flashed 4004, so no change for me

- uninstalled Armoury Crate using the Uninstall tool
- flashed 4005 bios
- installed Armoury Crate (I made sure is the latest version and all updates in Updates Centre are done) -> I can only see my Ram in Aura Sync

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
For ARGB dark issue with bios 4004, I've sent PM to you.
Please help to check the PM.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
Thank you.

I haven't received anything 🙂

Can confirm 4005 beta fixed the argb issue for me. I was on 4002 before that, upgraded to 4004(argb stopped working), downgraded back to 3904 and it was working fine again. This new beta has fixed it.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
Thank you.

followed your instructions from inbox, worth mentioning that after restarting pc and launching Armoury crate FINALLY motherboard appeared on the left menu and I had a few updates to do:

After updating everything and another restart, everything works like a charm!!

Thank you!!