cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ARGB header 1 stopped working with latest bios 4004.

D-Rocky
Level 7
Just upgraded to the latest bios version 4004 and argb header 1 stopped working with Aura. I have some argb's plugged into header two and those work fine. When I disable the sync to the header the lights light up fine. I see that with the new bios it did a LED firmware update, which I haven't seen before with any of the other bios's. I think there is a bug with current Aura and the latest bios released. Any sugestions?
49 REPLIES 49

I have same problem too.I loaded bios 4004 and addressable led strips are lost.My case lightnings and argb cooler lighthnings gone.
Cooler master mb511 argb
COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML360R
Then you know I had freeze problem we are talked under my topic. I watch 5h movie didn't freeze yet. I will open movie to night for the freeze test. After that ı will write the conclusion under my topic. IF case don't freeze mybe it's about lightning.
Good Luck.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi D-Rocky, andrewgavin and MENINBLK,
Do you mean the argb header 1 device is no light after update bios 4004? If you unchecked the argb header 1 device in Armoury Crate>Aura Sync or when bootup process, it lights up fine?
Have you checked Armoury Crate>update center on 4004 with internet connection? Is there any update?
Thank you.

I'm using the C8 Formula. For me, I find both ARGB headers only work if I disable the LED strip in the Aura Sync section of Armoury Crate (and they only work in the sense that they show a default rainbow pattern) or if I select Static from the basic effects.
I find any Static colour is fine - it takes effect and both headers work, but If I choose any other basic effect except Static, only the second header works.
If I try to use a custom one from Aura Creator, neither of the headers work. And by 'not work', I mean they're just off.

Also, each time I start up, I have to re-enable then disable the LED strip again to get it to turn on.

Bostonjunk wrote:
I'm using the C8 Formula. For me, I find both ARGB headers only work if I disable the LED strip in the Aura Sync section of Armoury Crate (and they only work in the sense that they show a default rainbow pattern) or if I select Static from the basic effects.
I find any Static colour is fine - it takes effect and both headers work, but If I choose any other basic effect except Static, only the second header works.
If I try to use a custom one from Aura Creator, neither of the headers work. And by 'not work', I mean they're just off.

Also, each time I start up, I have to re-enable then disable the LED strip again to get it to turn on.

Same for me too.

BillBittel
Level 12
Way to go Asus! Luckily for me, I decided long ago to never again install Asus Aura, Armoury Crate, or Aura Creator. Like many, I had problems with Aura, then more problems with Armoury Crate and Aura Creator. It amazes me that a company that can churn out these complex motherboards still cannot seem to write a decent piece of software. Then to update firmware but not have compatible software ready. Just wow.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
Thank you for your feedback.
I'll report it to our tech team.

DAOWAce
Level 9
Saw this in beta and didn't download it, instead flashed 3904.

4004 now released to stable and still not fully tested. Of course.

Guess I'm sticking with the same BIOS until the next one is out.. Software devs really just can't get things together in modern times. Stuff has gotten far too complicated in comparison to the old days.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.

vcoding
Level 7
Thought I'd try today's Armoury Crate release (25/2/2022) but it's same, only Ram's visible in devices. Disappointing ASUS!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vcoding,
It seems your issue is different from others.
Does it only recognize ram in aura sync, though you have flashed back to bios 3904?
Please uninstall and reinstall Armoury Crate via Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool and Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer.
https://www.asus.com/SupportOnly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi vcoding,
It seems your issue is different from others.
Does it only recognize ram in aura sync, though you have flashed back to bios 3904?
Please uninstall and reinstall Armoury Crate via Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool and Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer.
https://www.asus.com/SupportOnly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
Thank you.

Thanks for trying to help but believe me I'm tired of uninstalling/installing the damn thing. I tried every single possible way and I still cannot get Aura Sync to show anything else than Ram. Only thing I didn't try is w10 reinstall which I will not try because I've got loads of drivers/softwares that I'm not willing to install again just because Asus f***s up with their customers in terms of software.

Edit: btw so far I tried 2 other different older Bios versions and I managed to get my CPU and the whole system stable with 4002 but Armoury Crate it's the same. I've decided to uninstall everything related to Asus software and just left my RGB as it is for now, Rainbow and no way to control it! One more thing I noticed is that the Ram RGB stays on when I put the pc to sleep even tho the thing is turned off in Bios (RGB off when pc is in sleep mode or turned off)

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi vcoding,
Does it only recognize ram in aura sync on bios 3904 with bios all default settings?
How did you adjust bios settings or Armoury Crate settings to make the ram RGB off in sleep mode?
Was the ram RGB off? or just motherboard RGB was off?
Thank you.