cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ARGB header 1 stopped working with latest bios 4004.

D-Rocky
Level 7
Just upgraded to the latest bios version 4004 and argb header 1 stopped working with Aura. I have some argb's plugged into header two and those work fine. When I disable the sync to the header the lights light up fine. I see that with the new bios it did a LED firmware update, which I haven't seen before with any of the other bios's. I think there is a bug with current Aura and the latest bios released. Any sugestions?
49 REPLIES 49

vcoding wrote:
followed your instructions from inbox, worth mentioning that after restarting pc and launching Armoury crate FINALLY motherboard appeared on the left menu and I had a few updates to do:

After updating everything and another restart, everything works like a charm!!

Thank you!!
Can you share what instructions were sent to you via PM to correct this issue? I have downloaded the beta bios 4005 but have not installed it yet. I am curious whether the instructions you were sent said to go to overclock.net, download beat bios 4005 and install it, or did they send you a fix that does not involve installing beta bios 4005?

BillBittel wrote:
Can you share what instructions were sent to you via PM to correct this issue? I have downloaded the beta bios 4005 but have not installed it yet. I am curious whether the instructions you were sent said to go to overclock.net, download beat bios 4005 and install it, or did they send you a fix that does not involve installing beta bios 4005?

pm STARRAIN@ROG and he'll send them to you. no there wasn't anything specified about bios 4005, I updated to 4005 myself hoping will solve the issue

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
For ARGB dark issue with bios 4004, I've sent PM to you.
Please help to check the PM.
Thank you.

Thanks STARRAIN@ROG, my issue resolved.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi all,
For ARGB dark issue with bios 4004, I've sent PM to you.
Please help to check the PM.
Thank you.

Could you please send those instructions to me, too?

Thank you and regards,
Jan

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ssilverfoxx,
Are your argb header stopped working after update BIOS 4004? If your issue is different, I'm not sure if the instructions also help with your issue.
May I know your model name and the serial number via PM?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi ssilverfoxx,
Are your argb header stopped working after update BIOS 4004? If your issue is different, I'm not sure if the instructions also help with your issue.
May I know your model name and the serial number via PM?
Thank you.

Hey,

sorry for my late reply - all LED issues resolved with BIOS 4006 - LEDs of my Artic Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB are working again as expected (with ASUS Aura Sync).

Thanks and regards,
SilverFoX / Jan

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all,
We have uploaded bios 4006 to fix the argb dark issue.
Please visit our support site and search the motherboard model you use to download and update to bios 4006.
Thank you.

The new bios 4006 fixed it for me

TheDude23112
Level 8
4006 attempted update says: "The model of the BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present."

Current BIOS
Model Name: ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO
Version: 4004
Release Date:02/18/2022

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TheDude23112,
Is your model name ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO or ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO(wifi)?
Did you update via EZ flash or USB BIOS Flashback?
Thank you.