cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ARGB header 1 stopped working with latest bios 4004.

D-Rocky
Level 7
Just upgraded to the latest bios version 4004 and argb header 1 stopped working with Aura. I have some argb's plugged into header two and those work fine. When I disable the sync to the header the lights light up fine. I see that with the new bios it did a LED firmware update, which I haven't seen before with any of the other bios's. I think there is a bug with current Aura and the latest bios released. Any sugestions?
49 REPLIES 49

I think this problem is due to an incompatibility between the new AURA Firmware and the old AURA Software.

I powered down my CH8 Formula.
Turned off the power supply completely.
Turn the power supply on after waiting 2 minutes.
Booted up the computer.
The ARGB/EKWB Bridge lights up with the Rainbow pattern.
Windows 10 loads.
When the AURA service loads, the ARGB/EKWB Bridge goes dark.

MENINBLK wrote:
I think this problem is due to an incompatibility between the new AURA Firmware and the old AURA Software.

Booted up the computer.
Windows 10 loads.

Yea basically released a aura firmware update without thinking of making an update to their aura service in windows to match with it. lol

MENINBLK wrote:

Booted up the computer.
Windows 10 loads.

I faced same issue as above. Currently my ARGB header only works on static color effect in armoury crate. Once loaded BIOS 4004 and installed armoury crate 5.0.11.0, the ARGB header not functioning on other aura effects except static color. 😞

sharezx wrote:
I faced same issue as above. Currently my ARGB header only works on static color effect in armoury crate. Once loaded BIOS 4004 and installed armoury crate 5.0.11.0, the ARGB header not functioning on other aura effects except static color. 😞

Same here

BillBittel
Level 12
Hmm. I updated my Dark Hero to Bios 4004 yesterday and so far no problems. I don't use the mobo RGB headers so I don't know if they were affected. I have not (and will not) install Asus Aura or Armoury Crate, ever. My mobo and RAM RGB are controlled by OpenRGB and it seems to still be working fine.

The update to Bios 4004 did include a firmware update fot the Asus Aura controller. Even if you load an earlier Bios, I don't think its going to regress the Aura firmware. If the new firmware is not compatible with earlier Bios versions, it may not be possible to go back to an earlier Bios. It sure would be nice if the Bios 4004 release notes included the fact that there is an Aura firmware update. I was not expecting that and would have waited for more feedback if I had know that it was going to update Aura firmware.

BillBittel wrote:
Hmm. I updated my Dark Hero to Bios 4004 yesterday and so far no problems. I don't use the mobo RGB headers so I don't know if they were affected. I have not (and will not) install Asus Aura or Armoury Crate, ever. My mobo and RAM RGB are controlled by OpenRGB and it seems to still be working fine.

The update to Bios 4004 did include a firmware update fot the Asus Aura controller. Even if you load an earlier Bios, I don't think its going to regress the Aura firmware. If the new firmware is not compatible with earlier Bios versions, it may not be possible to go back to an earlier Bios. It sure would be nice if the Bios 4004 release notes included the fact that there is an Aura firmware update. I was not expecting that and would have waited for more feedback if I had know that it was going to update Aura firmware.

It must have because all my ARGB's are working properly again.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi D-Rocky, andrewgavin and MENINBLK,
Do you mean the argb header 1 device is no light after update bios 4004? If you unchecked the argb header 1 device in Armoury Crate>Aura Sync or when bootup process, it lights up fine?
Have you checked Armoury Crate>update center on 4004 with internet connection? Is there any update?
Thank you.

I've checked multiple times myself and there's no update.

I really hope Asus doesn't take forever to acknowledge and fix this, like they did with the handle leak issue.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi D-Rocky, andrewgavin and MENINBLK,
Do you mean the argb header 1 device is no light after update bios 4004? If you unchecked the argb header 1 device in Armoury Crate>Aura Sync or when bootup process, it lights up fine?
Have you checked Armoury Crate>update center on 4004 with internet connection? Is there any update?
Thank you.

Correct the synced ARGB headers in Armory crate are dark with bios 4004. When you uncheck the sync the headers and fans go to their default rainbow pattern. The new Firmware update is incompatible with current version of Armory Crate. Also there are no new current updates for the program.

here's my story:

- Updated to Bios 4004 2 days ago and there was a Led firmware update too (was running the 4002 version which was kinda stable)
- All leds + Armoury Crate F***ed up
- My 5900x processor (non OC'ed) started throwing WHEA errors + system restarting every time this was happening + CPU temps went up under load at least 10-15% (watercooled cpu)
- I wasted 2 days uninstalling/installing Armoury Crate

Temporary Solution: - Flashed 3904 (as Asus removed the 4002 download link) -> Cpu came back to normal but leds & Armoury Crate are still messed up + I gave up trying to get Armoury crate to work after a few more uninstall/install failures, wouldn't recognise anything other than Rams (no Mobo or other Argb's connected)

ASUS: put your F*****g S**t together, this is my first Asus build and probably my last if you keep it this way in terms of software, and there's thousands like me out there!!

Edit: Mobo is Dark Hero