cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ARGB header 1 stopped working with latest bios 4004.

D-Rocky
Level 7
Just upgraded to the latest bios version 4004 and argb header 1 stopped working with Aura. I have some argb's plugged into header two and those work fine. When I disable the sync to the header the lights light up fine. I see that with the new bios it did a LED firmware update, which I haven't seen before with any of the other bios's. I think there is a bug with current Aura and the latest bios released. Any sugestions?
49 REPLIES 49

andrewgavin
Level 7
im having the same issue i've been trying to figure it out

andrewgavin wrote:
im having the same issue i've been trying to figure it out

I think Armory Crate just needs to update with the new bios and firmware update to the LED's.

Also can confirm, that I just reverted back to bios 3904 and everything works properly again. So if it ain't broke don't fix it! I'll wait till there is some updates and changes to Armory Crate until I try bios 4004 again.

Hi D-Rocky!

How did you revert back to BIOS 3904? I am on BIOS version 4004 with another problem, but I just can't revert back to an older BIOS version. I tried installing older BIOS versions via the designated flashback port at the back of the mainboard using a FAT32 formatted MBR 8GB USB stick - with no success :(.

Kind regards an best of luck for a stable BIOS!

D-Rocky wrote:
Also can confirm, that I just reverted back to bios 3904 and everything works properly again. So if it ain't broke don't fix it! I'll wait till there is some updates and changes to Armory Crate until I try bios 4004 again.

YT_HK wrote:
Hi D-Rocky!

How did you revert back to BIOS 3904? I am on BIOS version 4004 with another problem, but I just can't revert back to an older BIOS version. I tried installing older BIOS versions via the designated flashback port at the back of the mainboard using a FAT32 formatted MBR 8GB USB stick - with no success :(.

Kind regards an best of luck for a stable BIOS!

Just loaded 3904 on a flash drive and used the flash tool in the bios. Worked fine. It reverted to the old LED firmware too cause it updated again. Try using flash tool in bios instead.

Thx for your reponse! I actually was able to reinstall BIOS version 3801 few minutes ago and it seems to have fixed my problem, too.

D-Rocky wrote:
Just loaded 3904 on a flash drive and used the flash tool in the bios. Worked fine. It reverted to the old LED firmware too cause it updated again.

YT_HK wrote:
Thx for your reponse! I actually was able to reinstall BIOS version 3801 few minutes ago and it seems to have fixed my problem, too.
cool glad to hear it! Read this on PC Gamer today. https://www.pcgamer.com/update-your-motherboard-with-caution-amds-latest-bios-is-causing-trouble-for... I guess lastest AMD bios versions is causing a heap of problems for a lot of brands and people. So it is best to avoid it's current iteration. The article is incorrect though because most modern Mobo's let you revert to older bios's because in the past you were stuck with the newer version.

D-Rocky wrote:
cool glad to hear it! Read this on PC Gamer today. https://www.pcgamer.com/update-your-motherboard-with-caution-amds-latest-bios-is-causing-trouble-for... I guess lastest AMD bios versions is causing a heap of problems for a lot of brands and people. So it is best to avoid it's current iteration.

That article addresses BIOSes with AGESA 1.2.0.5 updates and it is dated 2/21/2022.

BIOS 4004 has the AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b update AND the AURA Firmware update.
BIOS 4004 was released 2/22/2022.

MENINBLK wrote:
That article addresses BIOSes with AGESA 1.2.0.5 updates and it is dated 2/21/2022.

BIOS 4004 has the AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b update AND the AURA Firmware update.
BIOS 4004 was released 2/22/2022.

I see. I saw it on the hardware front page so I thought they were talking about recent bios updates. Didn't pay attention to the actual version numbers.