cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog crosshair darkhero viii [problem]

Msabsabi001
Level 7
I installed everything perfectly, reboots random and when you have headphones you can hear crash incoming like type of cringe sound tek tek, i tried to play with the bios sometimes i manage to make it stable but like when i run call of duty or low performance games it would stil’ crash specially when i try to stream on discord i used benchmark for cpu i dont see bo issue
Temperature doesn’t even go above 50degree 100% usage

My PC setup:
Windows 11
Bios version latest: 4201
Motherboard: *ROG CROSSHAIR DARKHERO VIII
CPU: RYZEN 5950X
RAM: *G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 × 16GB) x2 (64GB Total)
GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA 3080 TI (12B)
COOLANT:*ASUS ROG Strix LC I1 360 ARGB All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 360mm Radiator
PSU: Evga 1000W*

16 REPLIES 16

Megascrypt
Level 7
Bios 4201 is terrible that causes a quite a bit of issues for many users. Have you tried to go back to earlier Bios, anything but the 4201

Megascrypt wrote:
Bios 4201 is terrible that causes a quite a bit of issues for many users. Have you tried to go back to earlier Bios, anything but the 4201

i was using 39xx version before that but it didn't help any problem at all

Nate152
Try setting the Dram voltage to 1.38v - 1.40v.

Try S.O.C. voltage at 1.10v, if unstable you can slowly raise it .02v to a maximum of 1.20v.

Is this any better?

Nate152 wrote:

Try S.O.C. voltage at 1.10v, if unstable you can slowly raise it .02v to a maximum of 1.20v.

Is this any better?

where do i set dram and soc voltage in the bios?

Nate152 wrote:

Is this any better?

thank you,

So far looks stable, I will let you know if it crashes again, but why setting voltage helps ? im not a geek im trying to understand could you explain me please?

msabsabi001 wrote:
thank you,

so far looks stable, i will let you know if it crashes again, but why setting voltage helps ? Im not a geek im trying to understand could you explain me please?

*update*
no crash 2 days uptime and counting up more !

Nate152
I'm not too familiar with AMD motherboards but these voltages should be found on the extreme tweaker tab.

You may have to set them from auto to manual to enter a value.