cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II some keyboard keys stopped working - bulging battery!

Mudguard
Level 7
Some of the keys of my ROG Claymore II keyboard stopped working. After doing some googling, I discovered a post on this forum that had the same issue. A couple people reported in that thread that a bulging battery was the cause of the problem. Well, I flipped my keyboard over and I can feel and see a bulge on the back cover of the keyboard, which I'm sure is caused by the bulging battery.

This is completely unacceptable for a $250 keyboard. It's a fire hazard to have the battery pack expand to such a degree that the keyboard case is visibly deformed.

And of course my warranty has expired, so I'm **** out of luck.

I'm making this post as a PSA to anyone considering buying this keyboard.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Mudguard

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Sorry to hear about the battery in your ROG Claymore II.

Since the warranty has expired, the most cost effective way to fix it would be to replace the battery yourself or pay a shop to do it.

The battery should be fairly cheap, you can find them on Alibaba.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Mudguard

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Sorry to hear about the battery in your ROG Claymore II.

Since the warranty has expired, the most cost effective way to fix it would be to replace the battery yourself or pay a shop to do it.

The battery should be fairly cheap, you can find them on Alibaba.

I will probably just remove the battery myself and use it without the battery, like another poster is doing. It's pretty ****ty that a $250 keyboard has this problem after a year and a half. My guess is that many of the keyboard issues that people are having for this model is caused by this expanding battery. This is the last ASUS peripheral, and maybe last ASUS product, that I'm buying. I went all out in building an ASUS system, spending thousands, and this really sours my experience.

I did this with my Claymore II.  It's a fairly straight  forward process that takes about 30 minutes and will set you back $10.   It's just annoying though that something this expensive needs to be serviced in less than 2 years. 

Malador
Level 8

I also have developed this issue, and when I check, my 18 month old Claymore II has a bulge that suggests a swollen battery as well.  Warranty expired or not, this seems like a defect that should be addressed on such an expansive keyboard.

ArosKisne
Level 7

Yup just turned mine on today and bought it in August of 2021. 270 for a keyboard and this happens is ridiculous. Same issue and found same forum. Bulging back of keyboard.