cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Nightmare

Starling
Level 7
I sent off my motherboard 7 weeks ago because it stopped registering RAM. I had to send it back to the retailer who they had to send it to their supplier who then sent it to ASUS. So basically all the information I've gotten back has been like the telephone game.

I have waited 7 weeks for ASUS to reply that there is a scratch on the corner of the board that is ireperable. They think this scratch was caused by me when I removed the motherboard which I just don't see how. If it has a scratch on it then it's from when it was built and it has absolutely no bearing on the fuctionality of the board.

It's a crazy low resolution picture, but it doesn't really look like that much damage. I'm obviously no expert. However, they have said that it has damaged the trace... Yet they repair customer induced trace with a charge. (see below)

It totally could be internal trace which I know is ireperable, but that's not what they've said. They have been incredibly vague about the whole thing, like it's not hundreds of pounds worth of product being discussed.

The retailer has basically said that if I want to pursue it any further I'd need to do so myself however I am unable to track the RMA with the RMA number or the S/N on their website. At this point I'm just so distraught and uhappy with the service that ASUS have provided. It took 6 weeks to get any information back and we basically had to hound them just for them to ask whether I wanted the board returned or scrapped. After several email correspondence between the supplier and the retailer all we know is that some trace is damaged and the board is ireperable. This is a £500 board that I specifically chose over other brands because I thought that I could trust this company and would be protected in the future. I feel like I've been conned.

Does anyone know if this lack of communication and seemingly desire to avoid fulfilling a legitimate warranty is normal for ASUS? Is there a reason I can't track the RMA?
1 REPLY 1

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Starling,
Please PM me your SN and RMA number through Inbox.
I will check the case for you.
Thank you for messaging.
Starling wrote:
I sent off my motherboard 7 weeks ago because it stopped registering RAM. I had to send it back to the retailer who they had to send it to their supplier who then sent it to ASUS. So basically all the information I've gotten back has been like the telephone game.

I have waited 7 weeks for ASUS to reply that there is a scratch on the corner of the board that is ireperable. They think this scratch was caused by me when I removed the motherboard which I just don't see how. If it has a scratch on it then it's from when it was built and it has absolutely no bearing on the fuctionality of the board.

It's a crazy low resolution picture, but it doesn't really look like that much damage. I'm obviously no expert. However, they have said that it has damaged the trace... Yet they repair customer induced trace with a charge. (see below)

It totally could be internal trace which I know is ireperable, but that's not what they've said. They have been incredibly vague about the whole thing, like it's not hundreds of pounds worth of product being discussed.

The retailer has basically said that if I want to pursue it any further I'd need to do so myself however I am unable to track the RMA with the RMA number or the S/N on their website. At this point I'm just so distraught and uhappy with the service that ASUS have provided. It took 6 weeks to get any information back and we basically had to hound them just for them to ask whether I wanted the board returned or scrapped. After several email correspondence between the supplier and the retailer all we know is that some trace is damaged and the board is ireperable. This is a £500 board that I specifically chose over other brands because I thought that I could trust this company and would be protected in the future. I feel like I've been conned.

Does anyone know if this lack of communication and seemingly desire to avoid fulfilling a legitimate warranty is normal for ASUS? Is there a reason I can't track the RMA?