Event No: 1416
Event source : Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter
Generated On: Sat Sep 24 17:01:16 2022
Event ID: 000001
Event Type: INFORMATION
Source Name: Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter
Computer Name: X299A2
User Name: LOCAL SERVICE
Description: The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: 2022-09-24T23:59:25.8830767Z
Wake Time: 2022-09-25T00:01:14.4715398Z

Wake Source: 0

Event No: 1415
Event source : Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
Generated On: Sat Sep 24 17:01:14 2022
Event ID: 000027
Event Type: INFORMATION
Source Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
Computer Name: X299A2
User Name: N/A
Description: 1 ?
Event No: 1414
Event source : Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
Generated On: Sat Sep 24 17:01:14 2022
This Event is generated when an attempt to exploit a known vulnerability (2022-09-25T00:01:13.5000000Z) is detected.
This Event is raised by a User mode process.

This sequence is a random reboot on
ASUS Prime X299 AII i9 10920X CPU.
It started last weekend. Rebooting like this 5, 10 or 2 times a day. Unreliable.
I tested reseated updated everything I could. No good.
I put in a new M.2 disk and loaded the OS. All new. In the above sequence you can see 5:01PM the first clean install and I get the issue.
In the DevMan I have 4 "Performance Counters" in "Other Devices". Nothing I can load form ASUS or intel will make these go away.
I can't find anything to shut off or remove as it is just the most current drivers and Microsoft Windows updates.
Is there anyway someone can check with intel to get an update on the x299 chipset?
This was a 400$ board and many more $$ on memory and video card. It was all I could find when I built it.
Hardware should last longer than a year or so? Right?
5 REPLIES 5

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tjpsnj,
Did you change any components or settings before the issue occurred?
Does it also auto reboot on bios 1403 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi tjpsnj,
Did you change any components or settings before the issue occurred?
Does it also auto reboot on bios 1403 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

No changes. The system is host to two VM's one server and one desktop. It also serves as the primary data repository. Live data, larger disk with archive data that syncs with live data and syncs with disks on two other systems. Then larger repository disk that is archive of the archive and backups of VM's all systems.
This box was a pillar in my 'community'.

When I added the new OS disk, I set the most current available bios to default and did the install.
so far it does the reboot thing and records no anomaly's different than above.

I will add that on the initial purchase of this board it was delivered with a failed bios. Asus sppt could not find a way for me to update it. Advised I return the board. The second board worked as expected. Wary I did not update the bios on this board until I had these issues. I allowed Armory Crate to deliver drivers. Due to errors present in the Winsys log where Armory Crate was suspect, I had uninstalled it during trouble shooting. On the new system the "default" I modified in the bios was to disable Armory Crate. I downloaded and installed the drivers for the system manually.

These 4 items remain unidentified, and the box still randomly boots recording the events indicated in my initial post each time.

Thanks again for thinking on this. I have not been able to find a way to record more information that could lead to a clue as to why the system is rebooting in this strange manner.

T

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tjpsnj,
The cause of auto reboot is various.
As you have tried other OS disk, we would suggest try cross check other components if it is possible.
If you have concerns about the motherboard, please sent to our RMA for further examination.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi tjpsnj,
The cause of auto reboot is various.
As you have tried other OS disk, we would suggest try cross check other components if it is possible.
If you have concerns about the motherboard, please sent to our RMA for further examination.
Thank you.

Since my last comm I have replaced the video card and swapped out the power supply. I am convinced it is the board. It is not too old. I installed 11/2021. Is there a warranty/RMA? Cool if there is. How to exorcise it? If not, I'd be willing to send the board for you to verify what actually went wrong.

T

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tjpsnj,
If you send motherboard to RMA, repair center will test whether there is hardware related issue.
If not, probably it is software/settings conflict or affected by other components.
Honestly, random issue is not easy to figure out the root cause.
Thank you.