cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running 2 GPU'S Maximus Formula z390

crowndroyal
Level 7
My issue is when both cards are plugged in my screen goes black ( never used to be like this ) both cards work perfectly fine when plugged in individually and in all slots.
They even mine perfectly fine and stress test fine, not much degradation from when I 1st had the cards.

Been mining for awhile over a year maybe almost 2 never had this issue until recently.

I can't figure out why it's doing this now with both cards in.
They have never been over 65 degrees in the hottest spot.

I9 9900k ( not overclocked anymore )
Asus Maximus formula
32GB Gskill Royal Golds ram 3000mhz the ram defaults to 2400 or 2800 around that from what I remember when 1st building the PC

Sapphire RX 580 8gb
was set to 2000 mhz memory 1150 1200 core 950 to 900 voltage on both core and memory mining bios installed
Sapphire RX 570 4gb
Set at 1950 memory 1150 1200 core and 900 to 950 voltage
No mining bios installed
EKWB 360 AIO basic ( with EKWB fans )
6 corsair ll120 rgb fans
2 8TB HDD'S
1 2TB Samsung SSD
Corsair RM850X

other system specs

windows 10 pro Ver: 2004
OS Build 19041.1348
Windows pack 120.2212.3920.0
mobo bios ver: 1302
armoury crate version: 4.2.12.0

CPUZ txt file report https://ufile.io/3ovfpyd6

Sapphire 570 GPU Z report will get the 580 later
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/21/12/01/n3s.png

Let me know if anything else is needed ill see if I can export BIOS settings as well
16 REPLIES 16

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi crowndroyal,
If the display is normal while connecting to the card in slot 1, but you get a 7F code, and while connecting to the other card is still black screen, please send your graphics cards for RMA.
Thank you.

They won't RMA they are well over 4 years old and have been mining 24/7 2 out of the 4 years. I don't think anything is wrong with the one card to be honest.

The one card runs fine and even stress tests fine when it's the only card in the system.
I've stress tested both cards and the difference from when I got them is negligible.

I honestly think it has something to do with the MOBO or settings in the bios.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi crowndroyal,
Do you still install the cards in slot1 and slot3?
May I double confirm while connecting to the card in slot 1, it will show the splash screen but get 7F code and no boot?
Is it still black screen while connecting to the other card in slot3?
If you exchange two cards to the other slot(change the card in slot 1 to slot 3 and change the card in slot 3 to slot 1), which card would get 7F and which one is no display at first?
Have you tried one card one by one in slot1 or slot3, and both of cards were working fine in slot1 or slot3?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi crowndroyal,
Do you still install the cards in slot1 and slot3?
May I double confirm while connecting to the card in slot 1, it will show the splash screen but get 7F code and no boot?
Is it still black screen while connecting to the other card in slot3?
If you exchange two cards to the other slot(change the card in slot 1 to slot 3 and change the card in slot 3 to slot 1), which card would get 7F and which one is no display at first?
Have you tried one card one by one in slot1 or slot3, and both of cards were working fine in slot1 or slot3?
Thank you.

All that info is in prior posts. I have answered those questions several times.

pndiode
Level 11
Looks like crossfire software configurations have changed. Have you tried using an older Adrenalin software driver (19.2.2)?

AMD Crossfire Requirements:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-crossfire-rx580-570.3454991/

pndiode wrote:
Looks like crossfire software configurations have changed. Have you tried using an older Adrenalin software driver (19.2.2)?

AMD Crossfire Requirements:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-crossfire-rx580-570.3454991/

I posted another thread that had a discussion on this in one of my replies.

I'm on 21.3.1 which is supposed to be the most stable version for mining on the 500 series. The cards are also crossfire disabled in software suite.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi crowndroyal,
If you can enter bios with two graphics cards installed, please backup your personal files and then reinstall OS with two cards.
Please try older AMD Radeon graphics drivers after reinstall OS.
If you cannot enter bios or it is still black screen with older AMD Radeon graphics drivers, please send the motherboard for RMA.
Thank you.

crowndroyal
Level 7
So I wanted to give everyone an update on this.

I have had issues when windows decides to auto update " even though I have auto updates turned off " it always seems to change my driver version in the device manager but the software version stays the same. when that happens I get errors.

I have also started using the onboard Graphics for my monitor and since then have not had any issues at all " except for the auto update issue "
But as soon as I use one of the cards for my monitor and mining thats when all my issues start to develop again.