cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for hotfix firmware 0150 asus rog delta / low input mic vol

fredengl
Level 7
hello, i've read about this problem in an another topic but there is no real solution or answer provided by asus so:

When i shut down my computer, my headset rog delta works well except the microphone. The sound ans sensibility is very low even if i change it in windows or armoury crate.

I have to unplug the delta and plug it back to have the mic quality and sensibility back again.

important : i have set my motherboard in erp mode (in bios) to power off my usb when computer's off. i dont want the Led to be powered exven if the computer is off and i want to save energy. If i let the usb without erp mode (so the usb are powered even computer is off), i have no probleme with the rog delta.

Can Asus resolve the issue in the firmware or have i to eternally unplug the headset each time i power on my computer ?
23 REPLIES 23

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi IvayloStrix and Serj Ajeossi,
Is the cold boot you mentioned boot after switching the PSU off and on? or does it also occur after restart in windows setting?
Does it occur when connecting ROG Delta to other pc?
How do you check the mic volume?
Thank you.

No problems after restart in windows settings, only happens when switching the PSU.

Didn't connect to other pc.

I check mic volume in armory crate, click listen from this device, and voice sound is very low, after unplugging and plugging back - voice sound volume 3-4 times higher. Same in discord and other voice related programms.

Serj Ajeossi wrote:
No problems after restart in windows settings, only happens when switching the PSU.

Didn't connect to other pc.

I check mic volume in armory crate, click listen from this device, and voice sound is very low, after unplugging and plugging back - voice sound volume 3-4 times higher. Same in discord and other voice related programms.

I though I was the only one experiencing this problem :rolleyes:

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi IvayloStrix and Serj Ajeossi,
Is the cold boot you mentioned boot after switching the PSU off and on? or does it also occur after restart in windows setting?
Does it occur when connecting ROG Delta to other pc?
How do you check the mic volume?
Thank you.

To simulate the problem with 0150 firmware (low input mic vol) I shutdown the system completly, switching off the psu unpluging the power wait a bit and when I connect and start everything the input volume on the mic is barely hearable, its not even quiet - level below quiet, even if I shout like crazy 😛 Yes this problem appears also on my rog strix laptop - same stuff with the mic. I check the mic vol through armory crate and windows sound panel - no difference, still below quiet on both.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Serj Ajeossi,
Thank you for your reply.
Please help to check if it also occurs when connecting ROG Delta to other pc.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi IvayloStrix,
May I have a video while you shutdown the system completely, switching off the psu or unpluging the power wait a bit and when you connect and start to use "listen to device" in Armoury Crate to check the mic volume before and after replug ROG Delta?
Please also share me the OS version & OS build of you pc and rog strix laptop.
Could you please help to check the specific model name such as G513RC and the bios version of your rog strix laptop?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi IvayloStrix,
May I have a video while you shutdown the system completely, switching off the psu or unpluging the power wait a bit and when you connect and start to use "listen to device" in Armoury Crate to check the mic volume before and after replug ROG Delta?
Please also share me the OS version & OS build of you pc and rog strix laptop.
Could you please help to check the specific model name such as G513RC and the bios version of your rog strix laptop?
Thank you.

bruhh, you think Iam joking and not doing exactly the same things which I wrote ??? The problem with the firmware is more than obvious, it has problem and something is not working well with the other firmwares 0150,0141 ONLY the beta firmware WORKS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM, the mic is ALWAYS loud and clear at high volumes. ONLY IN THIS 0039beta version.... Take a look at the 0039beta and 0150 try to compare what might gone wrong, what is causing this problem with the mic and solve it somehow... This headset is expensive, high end I don`t pay for this trying to switch multiple firmwares because of firmware defect (not the unit, which Iam really happy about I almost posted an add to sell the headset just for that exact problem) The laptop was G512LV (what exactly the model of the laptop has to do with the problematic firmware on the headset ??)doesn`t matter of the device from which I use the headset pc,laptop if its with 0150 firmware mic is always MORE than QUIET and I sold this laptop year ago. I don`t have any difficulties or any complaints of using beta firmware, but why you release something new when works worse than the old ? It should be opposite.. Releasing new to fix old...

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi IvayloStrix,
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi IvayloStrix,
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

Thank you too, sorry if something, but I expect for that price which Iam paying, to recieve atleast some support about the problem I have... Great headset, great sound, great optional settings, only this problem with the mic input vol at the newest firmware and the other versions (except the beta), thats it what really bothers me.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi IvayloStrix,
Our tech team have tested the ROG delta at hand, but cannot reproduce the mic issue you mentioned.
Please follow the steps below to check the mic volume again.
1. remove the ROG delta in device manager when plugged the ROG delta into the pc
2. restart the pc to check the mic volume with "listen to device" in Armoury Crate
3. shutdown the pc and then switch off the psu for 2-3 minutes
4. switch on the psu and then turn on the pc to check the mic volume with "listen to device" in Armoury Crate

If the mic volume still low, may I have a video about the procedure above and the OS version & OS build?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi IvayloStrix,
Our tech team have tested the ROG delta at hand, but cannot reproduce the mic issue you mentioned.
Please follow the steps below to check the mic volume again.
1. remove the ROG delta in device manager when plugged the ROG delta into the pc
2. restart the pc to check the mic volume with "listen to device" in Armoury Crate
3. shutdown the pc and then switch off the psu for 2-3 minutes
4. switch on the psu and then turn on the pc to check the mic volume with "listen to device" in Armoury Crate

If the mic volume still low, may I have a video about the procedure above and the OS version & OS build?
Thank you.

Delete post. Problem solved.