cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc Blue screening after upgradring gpu to rtx 3080/3080ti

AliAPCMR
Level 9
Hi guys I am loosing the will to live here, I have tried everything to date and yet I am getting this error and I have no idea how to fix this.

I upgraded my gpu to a rtx 3080 in june and I ran a utube video and the entire pc froze and restarted, so I did ddu and tried again same issue, this was going on for days. So I got a refund and got a rtx 3080ti which is doing the exact same thing, If i leave a utube video playing for a few hours it just crashes the pc and I get a bluescreen of death, and when i run windows debug it always points to these:

0x133_ISR_nvlddmkm!unknown_function
DPC_QUEUE_EXECUTION_TIMEOUT_EXCEEDED

Things I have tried:

1) Ran memtest86 no issues, got a new ram kit regardless and still the same issue

2) Exchanged my gpu from a rtx 3080 to a rtx3080ti both exibit the exact same issue while leaving a utube playing for a few hours

3) Re seated gpu, ram and cpu

4) Temps are fine

5) Upgraded PSU to a 1000w evga p6

6) Re installed the OS as in a full clean format and still the same issue

7) I upgraded every possible thing on the mobo: Chipset, Firmware, Bios, bluetooth, ethernet, wireless still the same issue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eBZwpA5mDZIPsBFKfbxVi1rT7nhs6YMx/view?usp=sharing (FULL DUMP)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GhmPNKYBbLIE0sLCSo_-Y5SmNP40KGDf/view?usp=sharing (MINI DUMP)

I have seen quite a few posts regarding this stating this is a asus mobo issue, I have tested my older gtx 1070 I left it running for 3 days straight a 24 hour utube video on loop for 3 days zero problems and when I insert the 3000 series gpu and leave the same video playing I get the problem. This points to 3 things:

1) Either I am really unlucky and got 2 faulty cards

2) Its the CPU OR MOBO (Cant be cpu as i used on board graphics and I have zero issues) so that leaves gpu/mobo based on other people who are having the exact same issue i doubt this is gpu but a asus mobo issue . Please any help would be ideal am loosing the will to live here.

Specs: i7 9700k, 32 gb ddr4 3600mhzt corsair ram (Same Kit), 1000w p6 evga psu, asus strix z390 e mobo, Samsung nvme 500gb, 3 1tb SSD's
1 REPLY 1

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi AliAPCMR,
Which PCIE slots you have tried but have freezing, auto restart and BSOD issues when playing youtube videos?
Are the rtx 3080 and rtx3080ti graphics cards are our products? May I have the specific model names and graphics driver versions?
Thank you.