cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nvidia platform controllers and framework stays disabled after extreme power saving

bejito81
Level 7
as the title says NVidia platform controllers and framework gets disabled when extreme power saving
but this doesn't get back enabled automatically (I'm forced to re-enable the driver manually each time)

anyone has this problem and found a solution? (something from ASUS or a batch script to re-enable it automatically) ?
4 REPLIES 4

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi bejito81,
May I know how you set up extreme power saving and nvidia platform controllers and framework settings?
May I have the model name, the bios version and screenshots about this?
Thank you.

I don't do anything special, when the laptop is in Silent mode on battery, the GPU goes to power saving then extreme power saving in Armoury Crate

I'm on latest version of AC on ROG Strix Scar 15 (G533QR) (2021 ryzen 9 5900hx rtx 3070) with latest bios (323)

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi bejito81,
Do you mean GPU still shows power saving in Amoury crate while playing games or open any apps which should enable GPU?
May I have a video about this?
Thank you.

peterb_
Level 7

The same was happening to me on a Zephyrus G15, and it seems that the Optimized power saving mode of Armoury Crate was causing this strange behavior. I.e. if you start the laptop on battery, the Nvidia GPU is disabled. It won't be enabled even if you start something that would require it. However if you start the laptop on AC power, the GPU is enabled and stays enabled if you disconnect the laptop from the AC power while something is using it.