cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build - Graphical Issues (still trying to find cause)

vcore
Level 8
- Intel i9 12900K (stock)
- Asus ROG Strix Z690-F (Bios version 8xx)
- T Force Delta RGB DDR5 @ 4800 2x16GB
- Samsung 980 Pro NVme
- Corsair HX1000 PSU
- BenQ Zowie 144hz 1080p Monitor
- Asus ROG Strix OC RTX 3070ti
- Windows 10 Pro (lastest update)

I recently built my computer a couple months ago and been having graphic related issues since the very first day, though asking on forums I still couldn’t find the cause of the problem. After spending more time using my pc more symptoms have occurred which I will list all below:

(1) Both onboard gpu and dedicated gpu are having graphic issues where in every game certain texture, objects and lighting will flash, flicker and move. Shadows will morph and have some weird blur and pixelated tear. This is not game related either.

(2) Also while gaming I will notice intermittent micro-stutter or hitch. Some players look jittery when moving too.

(3) During gaming in CSGO I tried to turn my monitor off and on for fun. Upon turning it on it makes a disconnect/connect sound, then my screen will have a black spot with pixelated visuals. I cannot move in game also. The only way to get everything back to normal is to alt-tab out. I have also included a picture.

(4) I also did a UFO Test and during the test at the top of the screen there is flashing, flickering and little pixelation. This is not a monitor or display port cable issue either.

(5) Another weird thing I noticed during boot up if I don’t switch my monitor on first before switching my computer on. I will get a red light for vga on my motherboard led. The light will continue to stay on but I can still boot fine.

(6) There was also a day when my graphics card had 3 red led lights flashing. But I was able to boot still. This continued for a day or two but now stopped.

93091 *

If I had to guess what is wrong I would say it’s either Asus drivers or motherboard. Hopefully I can find out soon with the help of this community as this has been bugging me ever since the first day I built this pc.*
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi vcore

Have you tried both a Displayport 1.2 cable and HDMI 2.0 cable?

Have you set the refresh rate to 144Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel? You could try setting it to 120Hz.

Unless you use the iGPU, uninstall the intel graphics driver and reinstall the Nvidia driver, the latest version is 512.77.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/188989/en-us

Nate152 wrote:
Hi vcore

Have you tried both a Displayport 1.2 cable and HDMI 2.0 cable?

Have you set the refresh rate to 144Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel? You could try setting it to 120Hz.

Unless you use the iGPU, uninstall the intel graphics driver and reinstall the Nvidia driver, the latest version is 512.77.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/188989/en-us

Hi, *

I have tried many things and cannot find the cause. Yes my refresh rate is 144hz and I tried 120hz. Both onboard and iGPU suffer from the same problem. I even formatted countless times and NVIDIA drivers are up to date. Since the first day till now I still havent found what is causing my issues. All I know there is something definitely wrong. *:(

Is it HDR mode on in display settings? If so, try turning it off.

Nate152
Since it's happening with both the iGPU and the 3070ti, it could be the cable, monitor setting, windows setting and as lalantha mentioned HDR mode.

Do you have Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling turned on?

Nate152 wrote:
Since it's happening with both the iGPU and the 3070ti, it could be the cable, monitor setting, windows setting and as lalantha mentioned HDR mode.

Do you have Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling turned on?

Im pretty sure I set everything all correctly and dont think its due to incorrect settings.

I have turned off HDR/GSync/Vsync. I dont use Hardware Acceleration Scheduling either. Also its not the monitor or monitor cable because my old computer worked fine and I have tested it already.

I still dont know what is causing these issues. Hmmmm…

Nobody knows? 😞

Is there a way I can get in touch with the Asus ROG support team to help find what is the cause of my problem? I have a feeling its Asus related either the Asus driver or Asus motherboard? I havent had a good experience from day 1 and this computer is suppose to be a beast of a pc. I just want to solve this so I can get it fixed or replaced.