cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XIII Ram Slot Issue...Need Advice!! Thanks

booniesyeo
Level 7
Hi, I just bought my Maximus Hero XIII in the end of 2021, and running on i9-11900K with 4x16 DDR4s 3600 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Rams and Corsair RM1000W PSU with Strix 3080Ti.

For the past 1 year, there weren't any issues with the RAM except during initial installation there where some slow boot-ups until yesterday when I have been receiving BSODS and flickers from the screen.

I thought I might have been a RAM issue and I check there is one RAM with Errors so I assume it was a faulty RAM the rest of the RAMS are okay. The faulty RAM was initially in A1 slot.

The problem is when I test the other good RAMs (tested with MEMTEST 4 loops) in A1 (nearest to the CPU) it continues to cause booting issues and BSODS (IQRL..KERNEL..etc) with all the RAMS so i tried it with 2 RAMS with the A2 and B2 slots and the issue went away.

Can I safely assume that the RAM SLOT is defective or there is something I can do in the BIOS?

I am running on default AI Optimization with 51% Overclock. Should I go for a warranty claim or just let it be? I need 64GB because i do a lot of video editing work. Thanks in advance for any replies or feedbacks.
1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, booniesyeo and thank you for reaching out.

ASUS has verified the motherboard for the best stability and compatibility when installed with the devices in CPU/Memory QVL list.
According to the ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO support page, the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x16 DDR4s 3600 seems not to be listed in the QVL list. It is recommended that you cross-test the memory in the QVL list.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory/

At the same time, it is also recommended that you refer to the configuration on pages 1-5 and 1-6 in the English user manual and test and install 1 to 4 memories in order to confirm the problem.

Thank you.