cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XIII Hero Bios 1701 Problem PCIE 3.0.

lionhad
Level 7
Still the same problem with not working PСIE 4.0 on Maximus Hero XIII z590. A new BIOS 1701 was released, supposedly with a fix for the error with PCIE 4.0, but it still does not work and remains on PCIE 3.0 (Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 video card). On bios 1450 everything works fine, and my friend on Z690 HERO has my video card running on PCIE 4.0. All this looks like a mockery of users, for 3 months this error cannot be corrected.
10 REPLIES 10

Saltgrass
Level 13
You don't have the system info available, so I assume you are running a 11th Gen Processor?

My Z590 system shows the RTX 3090 is on PCIe 4. Do you think it might be the 4090 that is the problem? I don't have any 4090 cards to check and the company I normally buy my cards from is not even selling them in this country.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
You don't have the system info available, so I assume you are running a 11th Gen Processor?

My Z590 system shows the RTX 3090 is on PCIe 4. Do you think it might be the 4090 that is the problem? I don't have any 4090 cards to check and the company I normally buy my cards from is not even selling them in this country.

Yes, I have 11700k and the problem with PCIE 4.0 (rtx 4090) in the new BIOS is not fixed. Everything worked fine with rtx3090 in PCIE 4.0 mode.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello lionhad and thank you for reaching out.

May I ask if you have updated to BIOS version 1701, but it still comes up with PCIe 3.0?
Please provide the following details to help us clarify the issue:
-the graphics card driver version when the problem occurs
-the software used to detect the GPU speed and a screenshot of the result
If there is any inconsistency between the two, please provide a comparison screenshot.
-the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, and PSU currently installed
-the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:

May I ask if you have updated to BIOS version 1701, but it still comes up with PCIe 3.0?
If there is any inconsistency between the two, please provide a comparison screenshot.

Thank you.

Yes, BIOS version is 1701, but everything also works at PCI 3.0 speed. On BIOS version 1450, everything works fine in PCIE 4.0 mode.
Latest Nvidia driver version 527.56
GPU-Z and 3Dmark program
Intel Core i7 11700k, Dram G.Skill DDR4-4000Mhz 19-19-19-39 (working in 3733MHz mode 14-14-14-28 Gear 1), power supply BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 12 1200W, video card connected with original cable 12VHPWR CPH-6610 (BC072)
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC graphics card with latest BIOS F2
Windows 11 22H2 OS Build 22621.963

The PCIe slots will drop to 3.0 when bus traffic does not need 4.0. I fought this for months, almost a year. After much grief I finally got a person at Asus Tech nonsupport who actually had some knowledge. Run GPU-Z and use the test pattern it includes. You will see the change in speed is automatic. Times have changed since we had to set all this up manually. I remember having to set number of platters, heads, and sector size with an interrupt and memory address in BIOS to activate a hard drive.

tcttcf wrote:
The PCIe slots will drop to 3.0 when bus traffic does not need 4.0. I fought this for months, almost a year. After much grief I finally got a person at Asus Tech nonsupport who actually had some knowledge. Run GPU-Z and use the test pattern it includes. You will see the change in speed is automatic. Times have changed since we had to set all this up manually. I remember having to set number of platters, heads, and sector size with an interrupt and memory address in BIOS to activate a hard drive.

You are not right. Look at the 3dMark test under load, there is also PCIE 3.0. In the Gpu-Z test, everything works exactly the same on PCIE 3.0 Bios 1450 with PCIE 4.0 fix works fine.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:

Thank you.

After installing the new driver 528.02, the error is fixed. My RTX 4090 Gaming OC runs in PCIE 4.0 mode. Thank you.

Can you confirm if that's with 1701?

lionhad wrote:
After installing the new driver 528.02, the error is fixed. My RTX 4090 Gaming OC runs in PCIE 4.0 mode. Thank you.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Can you confirm if that's with 1701?

Yes, I'm on BIOS version 1701 and PCIE 4.0 mode works fine.