cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS X HERO Motherboard LEDs no longer turning off after shutdown

Finrod_Amandil
Level 7
Hey everyone,

Since a few weeks the LEDs of my 2019-bought ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO motherboard stay on when i turn off my Windows 10 Pro PC. More precisely, the LEDs change into the default rainbow color pattern, no matter what settings I put in Aura. The only working way to turn them off that I found, is to turn off the PSU each time (which is cumbersome).

I would very much like to avoid having a rainbow party in my room while I am trying to sleep As LEDs aren't very important to me, I'd prefer to have the LEDs off at all times, if that's what it takes to turn em off when the PC is off.

What I already tried:

• Turned off LEDs in Aura.
  • Change AURA setting in BIOS to "Stealth Mode", or "Off" (tried both, LEDs still stay on)
  • Change Windows shutdown to properly shut down (no hibernating or similar), also turned off Quickstart
  • Updated BIOS of my motherboard

Until recently, all LEDs turned off on shutdown (without having to alter settings to do so). Timing-wise I suspect the changed behaviour might be linked to a Windows Update, but that's not for certain.

Anyone got a good idea what else I could try to turn my LEDs off when my PC is off?

Thanks a lot in advance for any tips,
Finrod
3 REPLIES 3

SuchyX
Level 7
Hello, I have the same problem for several weeks, the same board lighting is on after turning off the computer.

Asus X470 Prime Pro

Every time I restart my computer, the BIOS changes from OFF to ON. I have tried everything and I have no idea what could be wrong. I also bet it's Windows 11's fault

Matte8DJ
Level 7
Do you have Armoury Crate installed?
Matt_El_Condor

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi SuchyX,
Do you also select Stealth Mode in bios and set [Shutdown Effect] off in Armoury Crate? also disable fast startup in windows?
Please refer to the instructions in the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045607/
Was the motherboard aura light off after turning off the computer before update to windows 11 or windows update in windows 11?
Thank you.