cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Extreme Z690 BIOS 2103 RAM Slots Not Working

Frankpaintbrush
Level 7
Updated the BIOS to 2103 and planned to get a 13900k to slap in, but after restarting got a stuck error code 55.

Took out the Corsair DDR5 from slots A1/B1 and restarted and it posted no issues. Tried putting my RAM back in those slots to fill up all 4 and went back to error 55.

Prior to BIOS 2103 I was on 1720 with no issues using all 4 sticks. From what I understand also there's no going back to previous BIOS.

Anyone else having the same issue with RAM? Is this a Corsair issue or an issue now with the Extreme board? I've had nothing but issues with the Corsair DDR5 Dominators but usually it's lighting/iCue related.

Thanks!
536 Views
14 REPLIES 14

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

1. Can you confirm whether this this occurs at complete optimised defaults?

2. Can you state which memory kit
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

1. Can you confirm whether this this occurs at complete optimised defaults?

2. Can you state which memory kit


1) Yes the 2103 BIOS is completely set to default, although after restarting with the 2 sticks the lighting stopped working, set the SPD Write to False and those at least work. I don't know if adding the 2 sticks after that will change anything but going to test when I get home.

2) Currently running Corsair CMT32GX5M2B5200C40 and I bought 2 of the same kit back whenever all that came out.

Thanks for the fast reply.

sukrut4778
Level 7
Frankpaintbrush wrote:
Updated the BIOS to 2103 and planned to get a 13900k to slap in, but after restarting got a stuck error code 55.

Took out the Corsair DDR5 from slots A1/B1 and restarted and it posted no issues. Tried putting my RAM back in those slots to fill up all 4 and went back to error 55.

Prior to BIOS 2103 I was on 1720 with no issues using all 4 sticks. From what I understand also there's no going back to previous BIOS.

Anyone else having the same issue with RAM? Is this a Corsair issue or an issue now with the Extreme board? I've had nothing but issues with the Corsair DDR5 Dominators but usually it's lighting/iCue related.

Thanks!


I have corsair ddr5 ram 5200 and probs here and
second if you think this is bios problem then try switching bios to 2nd slot

Now i have one bios slot with 2103 and 2nd with 1720 i won't be updating 2nd one ever

sukrut4778 wrote:
I have corsair ddr5 ram 5200 and probs here and
second if you think this is bios problem then try switching bios to 2nd slot

Now i have one bios slot with 2103 and 2nd with 1720 i won't be updating 2nd one ever


Nice, yeah that will definitely be the easy fix. There's obviously something wrong with 2103 if it works fine on the previous BIOS. Wish I had some GSkill/Crucial DDR5 laying around just to verify it's BIOS/motherboard related.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Frankpaintbrush,
Was both ram kit working fine in slots A2/B2?
Have you tried bios 2004 prior 2103?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your graphics card, PSU, and OS drive
For Corsair ram, could you please help to check the version of your 2 ram kit like below?
95882
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Frankpaintbrush,
Was both ram kit working fine in slots A2/B2?
Have you tried bios 2004 prior 2103?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your graphics card, PSU, and OS drive
For Corsair ram, could you please help to check the version of your 2 ram kit like below?
95882
Thank you.


Yes I tried each kit and they both work A2/B2 slots fine but only the 2 DIMM's.

I haven't tried 2004 am I able to roll back? Would that hinder if I got a 13900k not having 2103?

Sent a pm with serial of mobo. ASUS STRIX RTX 3080 (LHR) / ASUS THOR 1200W / WD Black SN850 1TB w/ W11 22H2

Version of the Corsair Dominator DDR5 shows 3.43.01

Thanks again for all the help!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Frankpaintbrush,
Sorry I didn't notice that you are not using 13900k?
May I have the model name of your CPU
Base on our QVL list, i9-13900K is validated since bios 2004.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Frankpaintbrush,
Sorry I didn't notice that you are not using 13900k?
May I have the model name of your CPU
Base on our QVL list, i9-13900K is validated since bios 2004.
Thank you.


I'm still on the 12900K.

I just updated the BIOS in preparation to put a 13900K in since it required a BIOS update.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Frankpaintbrush,
Thank you for your confirmation.
I'll consult our tech team more about it.