Hi All, So I recently purchased a GX703HS KF075T From what I can gather I think there's still some issues surrounding the sleep mode although I'm optimistic that this will be sorted out / fixed in a future driver update It looks as if the GX703HS Device Kit is currently getting a fair few updates at the moment
I'm using Windows 10 Pro 21H1 With all the latest drivers installed via Armoury Crate / Windows Updates
1. The first thing is my mouse seems to be causing the machine to wake up for no reason It's a Kone AIMO RGB Remastered PC Gaming Mouse (tried this with and without the Kone drivers installed)
I think some of the updates recently have stopped other random causes from waking up the machine also setting the maintenance window to 10:00 in the morning and disabling windows updates in the local policy settings Seems to have avoided other triggers of wake up (there is a tick box in the windows setup which states if this should be allowed but I'm guessing this is being ignored)
2. Next thing on the list which I think is a driver bug which will hopefully be sorted out is the event log message showing up during sleep of
USB device draining system power when system is idle. USB Device: VID: 0x13D3 PID: 0x3563 REV: 0x100 Removal action failed: SkippedAsRecentIoObservered
Under the device manager its listed as a USB Composite Device I think this is one of the USB Host Controllers
3. One thing which is a bit of an inconvenience When selecting Sleep from the power start menu, it doesn't always follow through It seems to sign out the machine, try to go to sleep, fail then just show the sign in screen. If I try triggering sleep a couple of times from the sign in screen then eventually it will actually go to sleep If I want it to sleep all night then currently unplugging my mouse is a thing I need to do as well (see above).
4. For the Audio I've noticed when in sleep mode some very low volume noise on the speakers (I think some describe it as coil whine) random noise (clicks / whistles) coming through the speaker on the left. Fortunately it's fairly quiet (you have to put you're ear up to it to hear it)
So far I've tried disabling the speaker / AI inputs and outputs under the Control Panel -> Sound That didn't seem to make much difference. One thing I haven't tried is disabling the sound card in the device manager. I suspect one of the logic pins feeding the audio dac is in a floating logic state so might be picking up noise from the rest of the machine. I also tried disabling the keyboard lights while the machine was in sleep mode. Probably a driver patch will eventually fix it I guess.
5. Another one that I did have although I've not re-tested it since the recent updates Was with the USB3-A port on the left hand side, if I used a low power device such as a mouse it's fine If I use an old USB3 Hard disk it seems to disconnect / reconnect randomly Not a big issue since the workaround is to just use the USB on the right side of the machine It's possible this one might be fixed now I'm not sure
6. This one isn't really a Asus issue although I think it does impact Asus laptops due to they're use of Optimus as a go-between on the video
Hi there, Thank you for reporting the issue. May we know your BIOS version? 1.2. Do you have another mouse, maybe even better that it is wireless, to see if the wake up issue still happen? 3. if you put the laptop to sleep in a different way, like lock the screen or press the power button, does it log out the account? Can you record a video for this? 4. if it is a coil whine, then it is actually normal. Because as long as the laptop is working, there will be a certain level of coil whine. And most of the laptop function are still working in sleep mode.
Bios version is 311 I think it was updated to the latest via the windows updates channel.
For 1. 2. Not at the moment, unplugging the mouse seems to fix the problem though 3. If I try the power button it's the same thing, it signs out the user then turns the display off but doesn't go full sleep 4. It's not really coil whine, it's more like random clicks / buzzes different each time, like the speaker is picking up interference but it only seems to happen in sleep not when the power is on.
Another one I just picked up on 5. After leaving it asleep all night then waking it up the finger print reader usb device stopped working, a reboot fixed that
Hi there, Can you record a short video for the sign out issue and the strange sound? And just double checking one more thing, the problem all occur in sleep mode? Does the laptop enter hibernate mode or wake up during hibernation? Thank you.
So I've uploaded a video here but I think it's also related to my mouse If I have no mouse connected on a fresh restart all the way through then try and trigger a sleep everything is fine on the first go. If I have a mouse connected on a fresh restart, then disconnect it before trying sleep it seems to cause this issue.
It might actually be in sleep but with just a false reading on the power light since it sounds like the fan goes off As far as the buzz / clicks I've not been getting any of those recently so maybe the last patch fixed that although I am still getting issues with the fingerprint reader stopping working after a full night of laptop sleep, not sure if that's also related to the mouse I have been disconnecting the mouse before triggering sleep which prevents wakeup during the night, but it sounds like just having it connected at any time might be causing secondary problems.
Hi there, I found a laptop that is the same model as yours. I put the laptop to sleep by start menu. At the first 2 minutes, mine was similar to your. The right LED (hard disk) is still blinking, the left LED is always on. Then after about 2 minutes, the right LED turns off and left LED start to blink, also the keyboard start to rotate the sleeping AURA. And when I wake it up, it does not sign out my account. So from the video, I am not sure if your laptop has really gone to sleep mode. Anyway, can we narrow down the issues? correct me if I misunderstood. 1. fingerprint not working after waking up from long time sleep. 2.USB/Mouse driver randomly wake up the laptop, but you have not cross checked with different mouse Thank you.
3. Event log messages showing: USB device draining system power when system is idle. USB Device: VID: 0x13D3 PID: 0x3563 REV: 0x100 Removal action failed: SkippedAsPersistentIoObserved This may be related to the above
4. Fingerprint reader sometimes not functional after wakeup Although this may be related to the above This doesn't always happen right away, it can take a couple of sleep's for this to happen
I've got one or two keyboards / mice I can try so will report back once I've tried it sleeping overnight with those hooked up