cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop G713QR issue

Alf-life
Level 7
Hello!
I'm having a problem with crashing games for 3 month.

Every games crashes after 3-30 min without any errors. It was on win10 as well as it's now on win1 I've updated all drivers and DirectX, Microsoft C++, Net framework 3.5&4.8, Direct Play .
During games no overheating. Virtual Memory is on.
Crashes are with CS GO, Far Cry 3-5, PUBG, Mafia II Remastered. Two things I find important: 1. After a month after purchase my laptop has lost RTX3070 and it could work only with integrated graphics. I had to reinstall chipset driver. 2. I also work with Premiere Pro and don't experience such problems.

The problem appeared instant after purchase and now I lost all hope to understand how to fix this issue.

Any thoughts?
73 REPLIES 73

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
Got it.
If you send RMA, please share me the RMA number as well.
Thank you.

I finally sent mine in. After a holiday delay it arrived at the repair facility Monday morning.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dancezos,
Is your bios version 327?
For iGPU, is there GPU power saving option in Armoury Crate > device page?
Do you get artifacts and the game crash when use Directx12? in DC mode or AC mode?
Do artifacts appear on the main menu and in Final Fantasy VII Remake game all the time or random?
Please uninstall the GPU drivers and install the GPU drivers from our support site.
- NVIDIA Graphic Driver V30.0.14.9649 and AMD Graphics Driver V27.20.14044.4001(win10 page)
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG

Is your bios version 327? =>> yes it is

For iGPU, is there GPU power saving option in Armoury Crate > device page? =>> I can't seem to be able to turn anything off, I only got three options, from left to right : default, power saving and optimized

Do you get artifacts and the game crash when use Directx12? in DC mode or AC mode? =>> I get artifacts and game crash when use Directx12 both in DC mode and AC mode. I used to play with Directx12 since I bought the laptop and it was fine, but the issues appeared all of a sudden some weeks ago. When I play some of those games now with DirectX11, everything is fine, but I can't use it on all my games

Do artifacts appear on the main menu and in Final Fantasy VII Remake game all the time or random? =>> answer is all the time, except if I force the use of DirectX11 which makes the game playable again. I played that game for weeks before the issues appeared without any problem (got to the 4th chapter)

Please uninstall the GPU drivers and install the GPU drivers from our support site.
- NVIDIA Graphic Driver V30.0.14.9649 and AMD Graphics Driver V27.20.14044.4001(win10 page) =>> just done it again (using Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode), the issue is still there

Did you receive my PM ?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dancezos,
Thank you for your reply. I've received your PM.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

Hello again,

I would like to try something, in order to check if this could fix the issue, even though it's obviously not a definitive solution.

Is there any way to disable any CPU/GPU overclocking ? I can't see anything about this in bios.

Thank you in advance

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dancezos,
Have you tried uninstalling Armoury Crate?
Thank you.

Yes I did, but even though I noticed a little less artifacts, it didn't solve the problem. Is that the only way to disable overclocking ?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dancezos,
I'll also consult our tech team to see if there is other option to disable overclocking.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dancezos,
After consulted our tech team, for artifacts, it is probably hardware related. For game crashing, it might be software conflict, but you have reset the system.
we would suggest you to back your personal files and send the device to our RMA to check hardware and to reinstall OS.
Thank you.