cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM

WinkDk
Level 7
Hi

I have 2 issues with my monitor, that I have been scratching my head on/off to find a solution for the past few weeks, without any luck.
First of all, the monitor is a ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM QHD 240Hz, bought around ½ months ago +-.

Issue 1:
ECO mode keeps turning back on, every time the monitor is turned on. This has been an issue from the start, but after tweaking a few different things, i managed to fix this, ealier this year, not sure what made it not switch back tough.
The issue has since returned after a recent power outage. Any tips/solutions for a permanent fix to this?

Issue 2:
After the recent power outage, the monitor has been unable to go above 120 Htz. If put above, it simply goes black and a message about missing signal on Displayport appears.
The only solutions i have been able to find for this issue, has either been to use the original display port cable to connect between pc and monitor, or to try and take the power cord out of the monitor for a while. None of these have solved the problem so far (I have been using the original cable since i bought the monitor,).

I have attacted a picture of the current settings in Nvidia Control Panel, in case this is relevant:

Any help / tips is highly appriciated! 😉
14 REPLIES 14

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, WinkDk.

Thank you for sharing the models.
For issue 2, may I ask if you have done a cross-test with another GPU or PC to check if the option can be correctly selected for the DisplayPort input required by the screen?

Thank you.

Hello, Jiaszzz@ROG

Not yet, but i was considering giving it a try.

Ill test it out with another pc tomorrow and post the results here, thanks.

Hello, Jiaszzz@ROG

Testing the monitor with another PC gives the same options in Nvidia Control Panel, and the same results in terms of not being able to go above 144hz.

Any update? @Jiaszzz@ROG

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, WinkDk.

Sorry for the slow reply due to the Lunar New Year holiday and any inconvenience this may cause.
Based on the situation you describe, it is recommended that you visit the ASUS Repair Center to have your device checked.
Please refer to the following link for further assistance. https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Thank you.