cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will never buy asus again! Out of warranty in under 90 days!

MichaelW
Level 7
I bought an ASUS ROG GL752V from Amazon in July.

I have had nothing but problems with it.

First off the touch point stopped working, intermittently. I now use a plug in mouse.

It sometimes fails to boot. Forcing multiple boot attempts.

The WIFI no longer functions. I have to use a plug in USB WIFI to connect.

The BLUETOOTH now no longer works.

Again I bought this from Amazon in July. The Amazon dealer said so sad too bad contact ASUS. ASUS says my computer is NO LONGER under warranty and they estimate $695 to repair this computer I just bought for $1,600!

NEVER AGAIN!

ASUS SUCKS in the customer service department. Really a warranty that doesn't even last 3 months!

It is HIGHLY unlikely that anything will come from this post but if nothing else as to server as a warning for anyone else considering this product line.

HERE is my ASUS Case number for verification: ASUS CASEID=N171022513

BUYER BEWARE!
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dont hold back now, tell us how you really feel.

No retailer Ive every heard of takes anything back past the 30 day mark, most 14 days or less.

Did you register the product with ASUS upon purchase or have something at least that shows when you bought it?

Did you buy thing open box at a discount?

Ive heard lots of stories here and @bahz usually addresses them but never refusing warranty service for something that should be under warranty. When you say amazon dealer Im taking it that you mean amazon market place and not Amazon. Some are shady characters.

My guess is if they told you that its no longer under warranty the serial number was registered more than a year ago with most US warranties lasting 2 years and more.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Provocating reply, Justin..

There has been nothing but issues with this productline, if you doubt that fact, a simple glance over the first page of the service-related inquiries should clear that up. - All of the adressed issues are common with the G752-line, yet the only ones who are not familiar with these issues, are Asus customerservice.. I was personally told to reinstall windows 10, or litteraly **** off. Thats asus servicelevel. I called back, informing them of the existance of your own forums, and the abundance of dissatisfied customers, who magically worked **** out themselves. Then you even have the audacity, to proclaim that removing the faulty software that YOU installed, compromises the warrenty of the hardware. - Furtherly, it is so much in the Asus spirit, to completly derive the acclamation of any responsebility. "It was a shady dealer/you removed our ****ty bloatware and damaged the hardware/its dusty/its dirty" - You always have a god damn excuse to why, your sweatshop childproduced piece of paperweights, do not work. And somehow, its never your fault. - It really must be tiring having such outright stupid and helpless idiots of customers. - So ever luckily for me, I live in a beautiful country, that protects its customers. So far, I havent paid a single danish crown extra, aside the first 15.000(2000e) i paid for my original G75 that burst into flames.. To put it blunt, I keep buying ASUS products, because I know for a fact, that they WILL break before the warrenty, and therefor can be turned in for a new laptop, with enough perseverance. - Its just a god damn shame, that you cant just produce working reliable products, that are actually worth the absurd prices you are asking. - You blunder arrogantly at someone, who paid the par of a used car! Is he an idiot, for buying an ASUS product thats faulty? Obviously, and perhaps even more so, for naivly thinking he should be entitled to some help.

xeromist
*2 comments deleted*
As stated in the sticky thread, this section is not for discussion. Please do not post here unless you are the customer with the service issue or an ASUS representative.
Thank you
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi MichaelW,

Sorry to hear that unit isn't working better.

I'm just involved with the U.S. and Canadian regions, so if necessary, you may want to keep trying to reach HQ about it or hopefully they will see this post.

Do you have a copy of the invoice to prove you purchased the unit within 90 days and did you mention this to the ASUS call center or want to contact the ASUS call center again to let them know your invoice shows you are still within 90 days warranty for refurbished units? If they still will not honor the warranty with a copy of your invoice, be sure to let us know, but sounds like they may have only checked the manufactured/refurbished date from your serial number last time rather than your invoice purchase date.

Alternatively, saw you were considering bringing it to Microcenter to fix.
Not sure exactly what they can do or if it will be any better, but if you have a copy of the invoice and prefer to go that route, you may want to discuss with them as well to see if you can avoid going through ASUS support and repair to get that unit fixed.

Either way you will need to provide a copy of the invoice to show it was purchased within 90 days from an 'authorized reseller' to get warranty service.

If you're interested, feel free to discuss more with me privately at cl-Albert, or we can discuss at this post as well if you prefer.

Good luck!

Bill
Level 7
MichaelW wrote:
I bought an ASUS ROG GL752V from Amazon in July.

I have had nothing but problems with it.

First off the touch point stopped working, intermittently. I now use a plug in mouse.

It sometimes fails to boot. Forcing multiple boot attempts.

The WIFI no longer functions. I have to use a plug in USB WIFI to connect.

The BLUETOOTH now no longer works.

Again I bought this from Amazon in July. The Amazon dealer said so sad too bad contact ASUS. ASUS says my computer is NO LONGER under warranty and they estimate $695 to repair this computer I just bought for $1,600!

NEVER AGAIN!

ASUS SUCKS in the customer service department. Really a warranty that doesn't even last 3 months!

It is HIGHLY unlikely that anything will come from this post but if nothing else as to server as a warning for anyone else considering this product line.

HERE is my ASUS Case number for verification: ASUS CASEID=N171022513

BUYER BEWARE!

Hello MichaelW
I'm sorry that you have to go through this
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Also, can you tell me the reason why your unit is no longer under warranty?
Thank you