cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting bad refurbished monitors! (3rd time)

Dzinks
Level 7
Hi there , this is my 3rd RMA product .

Yesterday i have revived badly refurbished and physically damaged ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q . (again)
This is my 3rd screen and it keeps getting worse each time.

-This time there is a 6+cm scratch in the middle of the screen and its visible!
-broken corner plastic
-bevels are moving
- non-removable scratch on the pod

Ive paid 870Euro for a new screen , and all i keep getting is a badly refurbished physically damage ****e screens.
Im tired of sending screens in & out all the time.

I'm requesting a new screen and not some 2nd hands refurbished one.
Can someone from a customer service can give a s**t this time and give me a new one ?

Many Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

overdriven12
Level 8
that's just awful.

Send it back and make sure to show them these photos.

I ordered 3 PG270Q's on amazon and I had to go through 7 replacements until it was acceptable.

overdriven12 wrote:
that's just awful.

Send it back and make sure to show them these photos.

I ordered 3 PG270Q's on amazon and I had to go through 7 replacements until it was acceptable.

I always give them the pictures with my RMA monitor. Looks like there is no quality control on the refurbished ones aswell.
I know that this method is cheaper than sending a new one but just like you 7 replacements is almost of the cost of the new one.
These screens are pretty expensive but i expect nothing less than a new one , and without any physical damage.

After inspecting the new refurbished one , i have RMA it the same day.
I will keep RMA it till i get a perfect one. (someday)

gupsterg
Level 13
Condition of RMA monitor would be unacceptable to me as well.

My 4th ASUS MG279Q was a screen worth keeping for the price tag. The 3 earlier new ones had various issues. For me also Amazon is the best route to buy ASUS product as I know for 1st year I can get brand new item for RMA from them.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

JustinThyme
Level 13
Post it up in the service related inquires at the bottom of the main page. ASUS reps monitor that area pretty closely.*

I try not to RMA anything. Most places you can get a replacement in the first 30 days then this is where the extended warranty pays off. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Bill
Level 7
Hello Dzinks
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Dzinks
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

I already did that before you're post here. It looks like the replacement monitor* is on its way. I hope that this one is not with a physical damage like one before.
I have already asked for a new one , and not a refurbished one. I will update on it soon as i get my hands on it.

Just received another one , looks like no physical dmg and its working perfectly
all i can notice is some funky material in the corner , to stop light bleed i guess? I can live with that.

Im going to keep it .

Well never found happiness with refurbished monitors , actually they were always quite worse than the already bad unit i changed also they send us very old batches ending to big differences in panel quality. If you dont rma within 7 days for a new one , you are pretty screwed !