cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible support! Never will I buy Asus again.

Phrede
Level 7
After 17 emails from support regarding issues with my GT-AXE11000, many asking for the same info over and over and many providing the same unrelated link to a FAQ page I am returning the router and will never again buy anything Asus. I have for many years purchased, and been pleased with, Asus products. The final straw is when the support group blacklisted my email domain!

I'm done.

Sorry for the rant.
8 REPLIES 8

ahfoo
Level 13
Phrede wrote:
After 17 emails from support regarding issues with my GT-AXE11000, many asking for the same info over and over and many providing the same unrelated link to a FAQ page I am returning the router and will never again buy anything Asus. I have for many years purchased, and been pleased with, Asus products. The final straw is when the support group blacklisted my email domain!

I'm done.

Sorry for the rant.

Mate, would be good if you share your problems here to look for other alternative solution to your issue. Festive season coming , keep cool.

ahfoo wrote:
Mate, would be good if you share your problems here to look for other alternative solution to your issue. Festive season coming , keep cool.

My 6GHz band kept dropping out. A warm reboot restored it. The "Scan" button on the Wifi Site Survey page was non-functional, a minor thing but remember this is their flagship model. At this price everything should work.

There are no terms to express how bad the support has been. They assign a case number but the responding person (keeps changing) does not bother to read the history of the case and asks the same questions as the previously responding person. This repeats and repeats and repeats with no progress towards a resolution. Overall the responses have been canned, uninformed and unprofessional. Links to unrelated FAQs are common. They simply know little and care less. I truly question their ability to read. They are beyond frustrating. Then they blacklisted my email, as if to say "We're done with you".

I have a house full of Asus products, 5 monitors, 2 Notebooks, 1 desktop and this was to be my 3rd router/AP. This is just the current tally, there has been much more over the years. I was actually quite the Asus fanboy. This is my first encounter with their support and have my eyes been opened! One never knows the quality of a company until something goes wrong.

It's all moot now. I am no longer trying to resolve that routers issues. I hope readers will take notice of my problems when considering purchase of an Asus product.

Phrede wrote:
My 6GHz band kept dropping out. A warm reboot restored it. The "Scan" button on the Wifi Site Survey page was non-functional, a minor thing but remember this is their flagship model. At this price everything should work.

There are no terms to express how bad the support has been. They assign a case number but the responding person (keeps changing) does not bother to read the history of the case and asks the same questions as the previously responding person. This repeats and repeats and repeats with no progress towards a resolution. Overall the responses have been canned, uninformed and unprofessional. Links to unrelated FAQs are common. They simply know little and care less. I truly question their ability to read. They are beyond frustrating. Then they blacklisted my email, as if to say "We're done with you".

I have a house full of Asus products, 5 monitors, 2 Notebooks, 1 desktop and this was to be my 3rd router/AP. This is just the current tally, there has been much more over the years. I was actually quite the Asus fanboy. This is my first encounter with their support and have my eyes been opened! One never knows the quality of a company until something goes wrong.

It's all moot now. I am no longer trying to resolve that routers issues. I hope readers will take notice of my problems when considering purchase of an Asus product.

It may occur your WIFI 6 channel issue. Please post your log file here and see if we can provide any help. It festive season so please allow time for Asus Support and others in this forums to replied.

By the the way, can you connect wifi devices to the router without wifi 6?

ahfoo wrote:
It may occur your WIFI 6 channel issue. Please post your log file here and see if we can provide any help. It festive season so please allow time for Asus Support and others in this forums to replied.

By the the way, can you connect wifi devices to the router without wifi 6?

Don't buy the best ASUS routers - they have a short update time and are not updated often.
I have GT-AC5300 (best ASUS router 2 years ago) last update: May 2021
Better to buy cheaper like rt-ac68U (which is 5 years old) and is still updated every 2 months.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I sort of agree with ahfoo, we don't work for ASUS so we can't do anything about your experience, but if you would provide the problem you are having, maybe we can help.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

e38BimmerFN
Level 7

mustangtom
Level 7
I believe this is more of an industry-wide support issue. Most companies outsource their support lines (email, phone and chat) to countries where labor is cheap. These support personnel only have the FAQ and basic troubleshooting guides to use to address issues. You will find the same support issues with Netgear and other companies. Good luck in finding any vendor with "real" support personnel at a tier 1 level, most support tickets need escalated to tier 2 or 3 support to actually find someone competent.

My 6g drops out constantly on my axe as well, the range is a solid 15ft when it does work. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I haven't even tried to rma as i know asus is useless when it comes to support. Thinking of selling mine and giving the orbi 6e a try.