cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS - 5 RMA's, problems still persist [Resoved]

Thaladar
Level 7
Greetings, fellow ROG owners and Asus enthusiasists,

The time is nigh, and I'm in dire need of your advice. To summarize the topic: I had bought my laptop in March 2017, it had been in perfect working order for nearly 2 months and then everything started spiraling down. More than a year later and 5 RMAs, I believe any talk about it getting fixed is out of question as it is obviously beyond salvation and want to take legal action against the retailer (and possibly Asus themselves), in line with the customer protection law and its acts. However, before I proceed to do so, I'm going to ask you a few questions.

Just for the reference, I'm going to include the links of my three threads from the previous year (in order of their creation):

1. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93251-G752VS-laptop-crashes-gt-SSD-disappears-from-BIOS-De...
2. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94101-G752VS-comes-back-from-a-fix-Gaming-Center-modes-non...
3. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98098-My-G752VS-laptop-finally-acknowledged-to-be-faulty

Now, to continue with those questions I have previously mentioned, along with listing all the complaints that I have.

I made my purchase in Switzerland, but I reside in Serbia. For the first two RMAs I sent the laptop back to Switzerland, to the company I bought it from (STEG Electronics). They looked into it, but nothing was fixed, apart from replacing a "supposedly dead" SSD during the first RMA. After that, a number of additional problems emerged, most notably constant overheating and stuttering in games (as well as when working with simple programs), whereas the problem was not previously present.

After I contacted my uncle who complained to the company on my behalf (since I don't speak any of the three official languages of Switzerland), stating that the problems still persist and that pretty much nothing got fixed but made for the worse, they suggested that I take the laptop to a company authorized by Asus here in Serbia so that they look into it instead.

The third RMA in total (the first one here in Serbia) came back with information that the motherboard (alongside the CPU) failed every single test and that a replacement part was ordered. Once the replacement part arrived, I received an email saying they tested the laptop and that it passes all factory tests so that I may come by and pick it up. So I did. Being wary of how other people handle stuff, I quickly inspected the laptop upon picking it up, in front of the guy who worked at the reception. As I noticed no visible damage, I packed it up and headed back home. When I got home, I performed a more thorough inspection and found out a dent on the right side of the laptop, and furiously contacted back the company that performed the fix. They told me to take the laptop back to them so they can check it out. The main problem is that I have no direct proof that they damaged it (but the "damage" section in the initial admission papers for my unit is empty, whereas the second time I took it back to them, they wrote down the description of the damage present, obviously), and cannot sue them for it... or so I think. To make the entire situation even more "spicy", since one of my friends informed me on how they don't pay attention when handling other people's gadgets and how delivery trucks do the same, I had personally driven to the capital four times in total (two times to leave it there, two times to pick it up) in order to avoid it getting damaged during transport, yet they still do a poor job and hit it on the side during the fixing process. I'm still furious about it, having spent additional sum of money.

So, before I returned the laptop again as they requested (fourth RMA), I tested it, and the supposedly new motherboard didn't do anything - all the problems were still there, plus additional issues with keyboard and LED lights on the back side of the laptop. Ridiculous. So, I turned it in yet again, and they ran it through some tests - guess what? They found out that the motherboard is faulty, the same replacement motherboard that they ordered from Czech Republic, the one that passed all standard factory tests after they had installed it into my unit. Makes me wonder if they really ordered one, because they definitely don't know how to do their job. So, they ordered ANOTHER replacement motherboard, replaced it, and said it once again passed all standard tests. Can you guess what happened next? Yes, you're right, no improvement at all. Still the same pile of **** it had been. At this point I became even angrier, and contacted my uncle to relay my problem to the Swiss retailer I bought the laptop from. They informed me (via him) to send the laptop to Switzerland again, and I urged them to directly forward it to Asus this time, as I no longer wanted their technicians meddling with it. Of course they didn't send it to Asus, and instead looked into it themselves. Of course they fixed nothing, too. This was the 5th RMA. After more than a year and five RMAs, I believe the situation is no longer salvageable, and that something urgent must be done about this.

So, to summarize things: technically speaking, the laptop had been in my possession (and in working condition) for only those initial two months of its purchase (not even two full months, to be precise), and spent months and months in both companies that worked on fixing it, both in Switzerland in Serbia. I could have bought an entirely new unit for the money I spent on shipping the laptop to Switzerland and back to Serbia, as well as the money I spent on diesel for my four trips to Belgrade.

To cut down to the most important part - since my laptop is still under warranty, the company that performed 3rd and 4th RMAs here in Serbia immediately offered me a replacement (laptop) unit as soon as I mentioned it isn't performing as it should be. In the end, sadly, they were unable to provide me with a replacement laptop as the model I own is not available in Serbia, and told me that I would have to contact the Swiss company for that. However, the retailer company I bought it from constantly refuses to provide me with a working unit. My main question is - is there anyone who can direct me to a representative of a Swiss-based Asus branch, someone who speaks English? I'm hoping they'll be as accommodating as their Serbian call center counterparts and provide me with a new, working unit. If everything fails, I intend to file a lawsuit against related parties, and pursue my valid claim with relevant proof. Oh, and yes - is there anyone who knows anything about customer protection rights in Switzerland?

Sorry for the lengthy post, and I apologize for any mistakes I might have made.

Best regards,
Marco
30 REPLIES 30

Spirery1 wrote:
Glad your getting it sorted marco

I hope so! I have also received a response e-mail from the retailer, where one of the employees said my mail has been forwarded to the supervisor, and that they'll get back to me as soon as they receive an answer.

Spirery1
Level 7
Hope its good news

Latest info:

Much has happened between my last post and now - for the worse. The title mentions RMA no. 5 - now it's no. 8. I thought the laptop had gone through 7 RMAs in total, but the guy at Asus office mentioned there are 8 registered reparations in their system.

Following my latest reply to this thread, I had the laptop sent to Switzerland and their repair center, who were once again incompetent to diagnose the issues my unit is having, and I was given a rather mediocre written response: "the laptop doesn't have a single problem, it turns and off without any issues - we have restarted it numerous times. The fans are a bit loud, but that's expected if they're running at full power, and they're running properly. Make sure to update Windows regularly - that's the only issue we have found, if we can call it an issue." That's the rough translation from German into English.

Due to their ignorant approach, I became infuriated, and had my uncle send the laptop back to me here in Serbia, where I contacted Serbian-based Asus headquarters in hopes of finding a suitable answer to the solution of the problems I am having. They listened through my complaints and informed me that they will arrange for my unit to be picked up and looked into at the repair center. Following their diagnostic tests, I was informed that the motherboard is faulty (please note that the motherboard had already been replaced 2 times with no improvement at all) and that a new one is to be ordered so that it could be replaced. Please note that my laptop still has around 3 months of warranty left, so I decided to take more direct steps as it was clearly evident that the laptop could not be fixed after so many repairs during the period of more than one and a half years.

I once again contacted the Serbian-based Asus office and requested their assistance in this matter. They forwarded my complaint to the head manager and I received an e-mail from them this morning, where they're offering me two solutions:

1. They all agree that the time for a replacement unit is long overdue and that I should already have been given a new working unit, as all these repairs are not profitable for Asus themselves either. They would have replaced my unit here, but due to the fact I had bought it in Switzerland, they told me I'd have to request it from the Swiss retailer.

2. Asus would buy the laptop from me for 60% of it's retail price.

I had immediately phoned my uncle so that he could contact Asus support in Switzerland. He first contacted the retailer (STEG Electronics) informing them about what Asus in Serbia said, but they kept brushing it off, saying "they have nothing to do with it as they're only selling products", after which he proceeded to contact the Swiss Asus support. He did, and the guy on the line acknowledged 8 RMAs after looking into my laptop's serial number. However, he refused to have my unit replaced, despite overwhelming evidence that the laptop had been faulty all this time (since 2 months into my purchase), and that the only solution would be that where Asus would buy my unit for set amount of money based on the time that had passed since its initial purchase. This is seriously unnaceptable from a respectable company that Asus is, and I'm going to do everything I can to badmouth both the retailer and the manufacturer (STEG Electronics and Asus, respectively). This is no way to a treat a long-term customer who's owned several Asus machines up to this point, but this is going to be the last time I have ever purchased something with "Asus" logo on it, and I'll be doing everything in my power to raise peoples' awareness about these two companies who are no better than narco cartels. It's ridiculous of them to expect me to lose 40% of my unit's value, which is around 900 euros. The laptop started malfunctioning two months into my purchase and has been faulty ever since - not a single issue was fixed apart from a replaced dead SSD. A company this famous, refusing to acknowledge their own responsibility towards their loyal customers... it's just... I have no words.

To summarize: Nearly two years after the purchase, the laptop had spent more time across service centers (in both Serbia and Switzerland) than in my actual possession - I believe I had it in my possession for like 6 months in total over the entire period of nearly two years, where my studies, as well as job visibly suffered due to someone else's refusal of responsibility, resulting in me being without a laptop all this time.

I'm going to try and contact the Swiss Consum (Consumer Protection Organization) tomorrow morning, I'm really hoping someone on the line will understand and be able to talk in English.

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SCAMMED BY ASUS, NEVER BUY ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS, AS THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS WORSE THAN THE POLICE TREATS OFFENDERS.

Best regards,
Marco

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Marco,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. In the future, the Service-Inquiries section would be a better place to post if you are in need of assistance for RMAs. I will talk to our service team immediately to discuss how your issue can be resolved.

Please private message me your full name, contact details, and RMA number. Thank you.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi Marco,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. In the future, the Service-Inquiries section would be a better place to post if you are in need of assistance for RMAs. I will talk to our service team immediately to discuss how your issue can be resolved.

Please private message me your full name, contact details, and RMA number. Thank you.

Dear MasterC,

Thank You for Your response. I have provided You with all the details You asked in a private message. Should You need any additional information, please let me know.

Best regards,
Marco

It has been 3-4 workdays since I got any response other than the one I had received at that time. I hope Asus will take this seriously like the company I think they are.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have received all relevant info from you, passed it on and escalated the issue. As mentioned, it is always more complicated when multiple regions are involved and you're unsatisfied with the previous offer. Another solution is still being discussed between the regions. Sorry for the wait, will let you know if a different solution has been finalized.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
I have received all relevant info from you, passed it on and escalated the issue. As mentioned, it is always more complicated when multiple regions are involved and you're unsatisfied with the previous offer. Another solution is still being discussed between the regions. Sorry for the wait, will let you know if a different solution has been finalized.

After nearly two years of struggling with this matter, I am more than happy to finally announce that the nightmare has come to an end. OVER. TUTTO FINITO. THE END. Yes, you've read that right. The entire process is yet to be finalized, but I am at ease knowing we're getting there at long last.

A few days ago, I got a phone call from a Serbian Asus representative (who also turned out to be a representative of the entire Balkans) saying I will be issued a replacement unit - same model as mine, brand new, ready to be shipped from their European HQ located in the Netherlands. However, I received another phone call from the same person yesterday morning, saying that the previously proposed idea is not as good as it initially appeared to be, since my laptop was purchased in Switzerland, and due to their specific (I say "retarded") laws regarding bureaucracy, I'd have to wait for 1+ month because the entire process would have to go through them first. Additionally, the Swiss required of me that I PAY for the laptop's transportation, which even the representative himself recognized as ridiculous. In light of that information, he once again talked things through with his Dutch colleague in the European Asus HQs, and they agreed the only just solution in the end would be to issue me a full refund, since the evidence of my unit's defectiveness is overwhelming (may I remind you that my laptop started malfunctioning two months into its purchase and its condition had been worsening ever since).

It would be roughly two years in March 2019 since I made my purchase, which implies that I would be out of my warranty at that point had this issue not been resolved now, and therefore, with a unit as useful as a brick in my hands. I had initially lost all faith in Asus, and vowed to never buy another Asus product in the future, as well as raise peoples' awareness about my problem, hoping they never run into a similar one themselves, thus avoiding Asus products. However, after thinking everything through, I have come to the conclusion that Asus as a whole is not to be blamed for my case, but rather certain individuals - the Swiss retailer STEG Electronics, who kept denying their responsibility every single time I reached out to them, as well as the incompetent technicians from Computacenter AG CH (an Asus-approved repair center located in Switzerland) who pretty much deemed my machine "in working condition" and "problem-free" every time it was sent to them for repairs. At least the technicians here in Serbia tried to fix it by replacing the motherboard two times, among other things.

Had I not contacted Asus Call Center in Serbia at the time I lost all hope of ever resolving my problem, I wouldn't be writing this today. This way I want to thank Jelena and Aleksandra for being really friendly and helpful each time I phoned them regarding my case, and helped spread my story throughout the company. I also want to thank one person without whom the continuation of my tale would not be possible - that person is MasterC, here on these forums, who kickstarted the closing chapter of this saga. After his timely intervention upon replying to me on this very thread (it caught me off guard as it was much faster than I had anticipated), his Taiwanese colleague (who I also want to thank despite not knowing who he is) contacted Asus representatives in Serbia, who in turn phoned me the next morning. I hereby want to thank Predrag as well as his colleague Ivan, who guided me through finalizing the refund process. My thanks also go to the Dutch representative who was instrumental in resolving my case. Furthermore, I want to thank everyone else who participated in it behind the curtains. Last, but not the least, I greatly appreciate the help from some ordinary members of this forum who showed various signs of support, as well as providing actual suggestions, possible solutions, helpful information or simple words of kindness that sometimes mean the world.

I am also thankful to those who have been ignorant to my case - the retailer STEG Electronics including some of their employees (while some of their representatives were simply doing what they're told to do, as in doing their job, such as the person who I communicated with through e-mails). Furthermore, it also includes the technicians who worked on my unit in Switzerland's repair center authorized by Asus, as well as a certain Swiss Asus representative who outright refused to talk about a replacement unit after being contacted by my uncle on my behalf. Verdict - stay away from STEG Electronics no matter what, and I'd like to add that Swiss laws are pretty much "open", meaning that in a case such as mine, for example, the customer isn't really protected and is ultimately at the mercy of the seller, where it's simply their good will if they want to issue you a refund, a replacement, or whatever else.

As a bottom line, I also feel the need to add that I have somewhat been touched by Asus' involvement in my case, whose dedication eventually yielded a positive outcome. Because of this, I am eager and willing to continue supporting Asus products - as a matter of fact, my new laptop purchase will most likely be of Asus manufacture, and this is going to happen as soon as my now already ex-unit arrives in the Netherlands HQs and the money gets refunded to my account. However, this entire saga has opened my eyes and I will be much more careful and observant in the future when buying such items.

The final verdict has come almost two years late, but then again - better late than never.

Best regards to everyone,
Marco

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad it was finally resolved.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Glad it was finally resolved.

As am I. Thank You for Your assistance once again, much appreciated. If you can somehow edit the the thread's headline, feel free to add "RESOLVED" to it or something of the sort.

Best regards,
Marco