cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GI: Low sound from right side only

Chiller
Level 7
Hi,
as the title says I have problems with the internal speakers on G703GI.

Testing with the Windows speaker test, the sound coming out of the right speakers is barely audible, while the right side is fine.

I've updated the drivers, checked all balance settings and activated/deactivated any audio improvements I could find.

Any suggestions?
32 REPLIES 32

New update about this issue!

It got worse!

Now both the tweeters (on the screen) have simply died and "click" every once a second.
The woofers, however, still work.
The sound is absolutely garbage without the highlights. Who have thought.

Meanwhile I also discovered that the internal SD card reader is complete garbage and freezes at 0B/s mid-transfer, however, that's another issue.

What a dumpster fire for the price I originally paid.

This will be the last ASUS notebook.

EDIT:

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello Fusseldieb,
It would be great if you can give us a chance to check on the device directly.
Let me know the RMA number if you have one.
Thank you.

I've filled out multiple forms already. So much time has passed that this device isn't even in warranty period anymore.
I just accepted the fact that I purchased a bad product with terrible Quality control.

Meanwhile, a twice as old notebook from another company still hasn't shown a single issue.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Fusseldieb wrote:
New update about this issue!

It got worse!

Now both the tweeters (on the screen) have simply died and "click" every once a second.
The woofers, however, still work.
The sound is absolutely garbage without the highlights. Who have thought.

Meanwhile I also discovered that the internal SD card reader is complete garbage and freezes at 0B/s mid-transfer, however, that's another issue.

What a dumpster fire for the price I originally paid.

This will be the last ASUS notebook.

EDIT:

I've filled out multiple forms already. So much time has passed that this device isn't even in warranty period anymore.
I just accepted the fact that I purchased a bad product with terrible Quality control.

Meanwhile, a twice as old notebook from another company still hasn't shown a single issue.

Since we are unable to confirm the current actual condition of your laptop.
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence:
https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Fusseldieb,
It would be great if you can give us a chance to check on the device directly.
Let me know the RMA number if you have one.
Thank you.