cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G703]Win11 Installation issue

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
This thread is for G703 Windows 11 official version installation issue only.
If you have a different model, please open a new thread.
If you are not using the official version, please contact Microsoft.

Please kindly share your installation process.
By Installation Assistant, Installation Media or ISO file.
If there is any video or screenshot of the error, please share with us.

Thank you very much.
44 REPLIES 44

Gustave
Level 9
On a G703GXR?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gustave wrote:
On a G703GXR?

Yes

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
I'm glad to tell you that there will be a new BIOS for this issue.
But it is still under testing.
I will keep you updated.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
I will keep you updated.

Thank you. That information is much appreciated.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
I will keep you updated.

As far as I am concerned. I got the experimental BIOS from Blake. And this BIOS did the trick. My G703GXR is on Windows 11 since half an hour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wonder why I wasn't asked to try out the beta since I originated the reporting of this problem, and I have a signed beta nda with ASUS.

/sigh

Battleskar wrote:
Wonder why I wasn't asked to try out the beta since I originated the reporting of this problem, and I have a signed beta nda with ASUS.

/sigh

Did not mean to cause any discord. And the problem was raised by more users in different forums.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You did not cause any discord. ASUS did, by ignoring us for over 2 months, ignoring the facts, ignoring the details, turning a blind eye to the problem until *after* the OS release.

My first open tech support ticket was from Aug 19th. That was weeks after I'd spoken with a contact @ ASUS through one of their beta programs, as well as through their ROG discord server before that. So really at over 3 months now.

We would be better served if those of us with extensive technical backgrounds weren't ignored or served platitudes when we contact them about a problem, before it reaches critical mass,.

So when can we expect this new BIOS to be released? I also own a G703GX with the 8950HK and it was able to update to Windows 11 just fine on the 313 BIOS that was released the same day as the 308 G703GXR BIOS. Looks like this new BIOS was successful. Hoping this will be available soon, so we can get Windows 11 on our G703GXR laptops. Thanks!!

*Edit

Nevermind. Looks like BIOS 309 was released overnight. I'm finally on Windows 11. Thanks!!

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
BIOS 309 has been released.
https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-series/rog-g703-series/helpdesk_bios
Please kindly update it for Win11 update.
Thank you.