cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g512lw running windows 11 no audio device installed on laptop. please help - solved

angelusnhc
Level 7
2 days ago i used ccleaner to update my drivers on my laptop and the sound stopped working. it says no audio device is installed. i tried everything i could find online to fix this problem but nothing worked. so lastnight i finally decided to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows 11. and no i have the exact same problem. i know its not a hardware issue bc when i start my laptop and the asus logo appears it makes a sound. but when windows load it doesnt make any sound. i am fed up with this problem and would love some help.

the laptop is a asus rog strix g512lw gaming laptop running windows 11
13 REPLIES 13

ok i managed to get the driver installed so the laptop is not showing a missing driver. when i do update the driver using the asus program it goes back to saying no audio device installed. but im on the right path now. does anyone know why i still cant hear sound even though it shows i have a device installed?

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello angelusnhc
As your mentioned, I guess ccleaner might change hw id register volume in your system. Did you try the same solution as what you did in your desktop by older driver of audio driver installation. Let me check , the original version is Version V6.0.8940.1 2020/06/05 27.65 MBytes Realtek Audio Driver. If you are still fail in running automatically installation. please try to indicate HSA.inf into realtek hd audio device manually. Thank you.

Alvez@ROG wrote:
Hello angelusnhc
As your mentioned, I guess ccleaner might change hw id register volume in your system. Did you try the same solution as what you did in your desktop by older driver of audio driver installation. Let me check , the original version is Version V6.0.8940.1 2020/06/05 27.65 MBytes Realtek Audio Driver. If you are still fail in running automatically installation. please try to indicate HSA.inf into realtek hd audio device manually. Thank you.

im not sure what you mean by hsa.inf.

Resolution

Open Device manager

In System devices > Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller

Right click and select Update driver

Select Browse my computer for driver software

Select let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

Select High Definition Audio controller and install.