cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g512lw running windows 11 no audio device installed on laptop. please help - solved

angelusnhc
Level 7
2 days ago i used ccleaner to update my drivers on my laptop and the sound stopped working. it says no audio device is installed. i tried everything i could find online to fix this problem but nothing worked. so lastnight i finally decided to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows 11. and no i have the exact same problem. i know its not a hardware issue bc when i start my laptop and the asus logo appears it makes a sound. but when windows load it doesnt make any sound. i am fed up with this problem and would love some help.

the laptop is a asus rog strix g512lw gaming laptop running windows 11
13 REPLIES 13

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Can you share the error message or notification you see?
Is the audio device listed in the device manager?
Thank you.

the device is listed in device manager. but i have no input or output devices listed. in device manager i have one yellow triangle listed. its for intel (r) smart sound technology (intel(r) sst) oed

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Please kindly click on that yellow triangle and find out the error code.
You can reinstall the driver from our support website
https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-g15-series/helpdesk_download
Thank you.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The driver was not loaded because it failed its initialization call.

Device settings for INTELAUDIO\DSP_CTLR_DEV_06C8&VEN_8086&DEV_0222&SUBSYS_1F211043&REV_0000\4&a98a443&0&0800 were migrated from previous OS installation.

Last Device Instance Id: INTELAUDIO\DSP_CTLR_DEV_06C8&VEN_8086&DEV_0222&SUBSYS_1F211043&REV_0000\4&a98a443&0&0800
Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0x0
Present: true

i did download the audio drivers and it didnt work. still no device found

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
are you able to uninstall the device, and then reboot the laptop,
then update the driver by Windows update ?
Thank you.

ive done that many times already and each time it wont play any sound.

i still cant get the sound to work. ive been trying everything possible from any info i can find online.

does anyone have any idea on why i cant get my laptop to play sound? i tried everything i can find online. nothing works. now i know ccleaner was the program that messed up the sound and the reason i know it was ccleaner was bc it did the same thing to my desktop. luckily i had the original cd for my sound card and reinstalled the drivers from that and it worked fine. but with my laptop i cant find out what i need to do.