cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G15 Advantage Edition (G513QY) WIFI problems MediaTek MT7921

CRJ84
Level 9
I just bought this laptop today, and really love it, but the WI-FI problems is really bad.

Sometimes it will run at speeds like 250-300 mbps, but not very often, and then drop to 100mbps or even lower like 8-10 mbps.
It also gives really high latency so it is impossible to play online games.

I have tried different drivers
3.0.1.1185 found these on another site

I also found another thread where someone suggested to install AsusMultiAntennaService_Z_V3.1.3 I have also tried that, but not sure how I can confirm it installed correctly.

I have my old laptop and phone connected to the same WIFI, doing 300-400mbps no problems.
Placed in the same location as my new Asus Strix Advantage laptop.

Not sure if I should return the laptop? Or can anyone help?
24 REPLIES 24

sbordoni
Level 7
With these last drivers, the card is working fine. No delay, lag of any sort.

About Intel network card, ... in the previous ROG notebook I had one with several drivers unsolved problems ...
... very disappointing. 🙂

sbordoni wrote:
With these last drivers, the card is working fine. No delay, lag of any sort.

About Intel network card, ... in the previous ROG notebook I had one with several drivers unsolved problems ...
... very disappointing. 🙂

Yeah, not with Intel AX210, you did, did you ?

sbordoni
Level 7
No, it is an Intel Wireless AC-9560, with a random problem with wifi password.

A very disappointing experience, that brought me to buy a backup USB wifi adapter as 'Omega Option'.

In any case, if you like strong emotions, you may give a look at the Intel drivers changelog, or in the Intel support community to find any kind of problems. 😄

PS: up to now, I am still using the reported drivers (v22.30.1.1342) with no problem at all.

RedSector73
Level 12
I don't have to look to know what works and doesn't (I run enough computers to know) and don't have any allegiance to crap products or hardware, no matter who makes them. Your comments are not knowledgeable about Intel AX210 and that does not help this thread and over a year later.

I'm super happy you found a working driver, but I also wouldn't care, I would drop it for the Intel AX210 and be happy, oh wait I did three times.

sbordoni
Level 7
I tested for 3 months the driver from Windows Update Catalog:
Mediatek Inc. Net 22.30.1.1342 - This worked fine

Up to now I just updated it to MediaTek, Inc. Net 22.31.2.549 (for w11)
It seems to be working fine in my first tests.