cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX705GE Crash on heavy load

SBAPKat
Level 7
Hi,
I have recently bought second hand a FX705GE, it turns out to have an issue where when a heavy load is placed on CPU/GPU and it is plugged in, it outright crashes with temps about 94°c and cpu at 3.8GHz.
Have tried resetting the machine, cleared bios, and tried booting into a linux live iso, which all gave me same result with a crash.
Once it crashed, it'll be stuck in a reboot loop between 0 and 20 mins before suceeding to reboot. The keyboard often flashes during this process.
Laptop is still in warranty period and I have the original buyer's proof of purchase.

Any suggestion before i send it into RMA ?
Thank you for reading.
3 REPLIES 3

Blake1
Level 10
Hello SBAPKat,
Please kindly backup your device and send it to service center for further examination.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello SBAPKat,
Please kindly backup your device and send it to service center for further examination.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Hello Blake,
First of, thank you, I have done a RMA request and am now waiting for Asus' answer.
This laptop having already been sent into rma two months ago for overheating is starting to really making me worry even though I still have a year of warranty left.
Is it possible to buy a warranty extension even though the first year has passed and I'm not the original owner ?
Thank you for your time and patience.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello SBAPKat,
The extension warranty can only be bought within 180 days after the first purchase (from ASUS or authorized seller).
You may refer to below FAQ and double check in the system
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040170/
Thank you.