cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix to coilwhine on Maximus Hero XIII

Dave2150
Level 7
EDITED - now completed fixed. Update BIOS to latest, go to Advanced in UEFI, find acoustic management options, and try the following settings:

Enjoy!
110 REPLIES 110

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you, Shamino.
Can this be available for the other Z590 boards from ASUS ?

TasmaN
Level 8
Shamino wrote:
https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-11700k-11900k-results-bins-and-discussion.1777365/pos...
0801 adds acoustic noise mitigation option, search for it,
enable it and
try slow slew rate fast/4

Acoustic Noise Mitigation - Enabled
IA VR Domain - True or False/ Fast/4
GT VR Domain - True or False Fast/4
SA VR Domain - True or False/ Fast/4
Tried different options, no effect. What exactly we should do?

Ataemonus
Level 11
Also, I have a feeling that the coil whine is related to the iGPU. Or rather, the iGPU VRM.
This should be easy to verify with either an F CPU, or even better, with an APEX board which is lacking the iGPU VRM part.

Ataemonus wrote:
Also, I have a feeling that the coil whine is related to the iGPU. Or rather, the iGPU VRM.
This should be easy to verify with either an F CPU, or even better, with an APEX board which is lacking the iGPU VRM part.

Apex 13 coil whine too soo...

Ataemonus
Level 11
OK, so not related to the iGPU VRM then.

Ataemonus
Level 11
If you can hear the pump, that is not even close to quiet. The most obvious noice, when the CPU is in idle and coil whine is to minimum, is the bubbles in my Pepsi can. Otherwise, I have to get very close to the case to hear the coil whine, but the fans in the system are literally un-hearable, at least by me.
Coil whine becomes noticeable in certain conditions, described previously.

mijingakure
Level 7
all AIO pump always have noise, it depands your standard, perhaps your level of quiet is when you attach your ear to the pump and you still can not hear anything, then thats a different story, my pump's noise isnt that noticable at all, i think you are being particular to what I said, what I meant is there is minimum noise i can hear from my case , if wanting to pick a noise that I can hear, it would be the pump, AND I have to get my head very close to the case to hear it, are you telling me theres no noise at all from your case , no noise from you fan or cooler, even when you get your head very close to the case ? and you can only hear your coil whine ? I am very keen to hear your silent computer if you can record and put it up on youtube, if you still dont understand then theres nothing i can do, I am just trying to help. to add more information, i am also running 10900k, c-states auto, asus armory installed. what audio/video player are you using that you can hear coil whine when audio/video are played? what cpu cooler are you using, how many fans do you have in your case? and what rpm , dba are they? if i put a coke can on my table of course the bubble would be the loudest thing in my room as well, much louder than my pump if you still dont know how quiet my pump is, anyway why don't you record the coil whine and put it up on youtube ?

anyway I've heard coil whine from 1 of my old old graphics card many years ago, also seem youtubers video like Linus showing coil whines, i know what kind of noise that is, and i was very uncomfortable to hear it and if i can hear anything like coil whine, i would definitely notice it since i hate it and i am very senstive to it, was what i meant.

Ataemonus
Level 11
Well, there are 3 possiblities.
1. Your board has no coil whine, which I doubt, honestly.
2. You cannot hear the coil noise, as it's usually faint and not very high pitched, due to the pump or other noises.
3. You cannot hear the coil noise because your hearing is not picking up the frequency, it happens, with age one starts hearing some frequencies but stop hearing others.

mijingakure
Level 7
ok yeah yeah i will just leave it to you then, its always other people's problem not yours, i've seem some ppl like your kind, just wanna say instead of judging every XIII Hero board have coil whine like yours or judging other people's hearing problem. perhaps you should try different PSU or GFX, and also google it, yes there are few posts that saying they have coil whine also but ii've also seem other posts saying their XIII Hero doesn't have coil whine either, just because you have it does not mean everyone else must have it, if others not have it then it must be other people's hearing issue wow, okay lol

Ataemonus
Level 11
I loled, thank you for that.