cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix to coilwhine on Maximus Hero XIII

Dave2150
Level 7
EDITED - now completed fixed. Update BIOS to latest, go to Advanced in UEFI, find acoustic management options, and try the following settings:

Enjoy!
110 REPLIES 110

Psycrow
Level 11
How about i just buy this board ROG Maximus XIII Extreme

Psycrow wrote:

Do you feel the need to get approval from others for any decission you make ?

Ataemonus wrote:

Yes ! !!

I have a bad decission thing going on ok !...if i dont ask others then im bound to fail or die even.
Now can i go to the toilet or should i wait to later ? Please answer me quick on this topic 😛

Ataemonus wrote:

Do you feel the need to troll other members until we ban you? Some questions don't have satisfying answers.

But seriously, if you don't have anything of value to contribute don't bother posting. The attitude displayed in some of your posts is not welcome on this forum.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Psycrow wrote:

it's the only thing left to try. do it and report back to us regarding the noise situation.

trorob wrote:
it's the only thing left to try. do it and report back to us regarding the noise situation.

I will return here as soon im done making RMA for this second "hero" board that i find more like " zero" board.

Ataemonus
Level 11
How am I the one trolling ? Maybe read again the posts from this guy I replied to.

Ataemonus wrote:
How am I the one trolling ? Maybe read again the posts from this guy I replied to.

If you think someone else is out of line you are welcome to report those posts and the moderators will review them. Taking shots at people is not constructive and it just makes you the bad guy. This isn't the first time I've seen you do it so I'm letting you know. Also, lest you think I simply lack a sense of humor, several of your posts have been reported by *multiple* other members. You might think you are making jokes but people don't like it. So please, if you have helpful information feel free to share it. But if you feel an urge to be condescending or insulting just let it go. Thank you.

If you have further questions for me just send me a PM. I will not get mad at you for asking questions.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

has anyone actually fixed this problem with an rma? i am not prepared to settle with the talkative vrm for a long time period.

trorob wrote:
has anyone actually fixed this problem with an rma? i am not prepared to settle with the talkative vrm for a long time period.

Waste of time..I had it on my first board and also on my second board. What board do you have ? The Hero xiii ?
At least we know what the Xiii stands for..its Xiiieeeiiiieiiieiieeiiiiii coil noise 😛

Some says its a problem on every brands 590 mobo. But when i google coilnoise then i find red flags for this Hero xiii and some gpu cards.
Im trying hard to RMA this one also and then i will buy another mobo that i could not find any red flags about.

Even if the wise people states that it CAN be due to ur psu or cpu or what ever you connected and installed.
I tryed using the on board graphic card to hear if the noise was there still and it was. So not the GPU fault.

The best you can do is RMa it once and find another mobo not related to same serie.
Im also not commited to live with it for the next 5 years before i buy a new pc again.