cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix to coilwhine on Maximus Hero XIII

Dave2150
Level 7
EDITED - now completed fixed. Update BIOS to latest, go to Advanced in UEFI, find acoustic management options, and try the following settings:

Enjoy!
110 REPLIES 110

Psycrow wrote:
Waste of time..I had it on my first board and also on my second board. What board do you have ? The Hero xiii ?
At least we know what the Xiii stands for..its Xiiieeeiiiieiiieiieeiiiiii coil noise 😛

Some says its a problem on every brands 590 mobo. But when i google coilnoise then i find red flags for this Hero xiii and some gpu cards.
Im trying hard to RMA this one also and then i will buy another mobo that i could not find any red flags about.

Even if the wise people states that it CAN be due to ur psu or cpu or what ever you connected and installed.
I tryed using the on board graphic card to hear if the noise was there still and it was. So not the GPU fault.

The best you can do is RMa it once and find another mobo not related to same serie.
Im also not commited to live with it for the next 5 years before i buy a new pc again.

ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero yes. What i find interesting about the 'noise with mouse movement' is when the pc is idle and i move the mouse, i can observe the cpu clocks going to maximum. Even small movements trigger it. Move it in a circle and it will continuously sing. Finally gave up and disabled c-states and it helps a ton, but i still feel there's some phantom noise going on there.

Psycrow
Level 11
I also just tryed to move the mouse on idle mode and the cpu ramped up to full load. But my temps stayed the same low.
So i dont know what the deal is with that.

Disable c states make sthe cpu stay on full clock right ?
Then you cant have it idle ?

What exactly does C states do ?
Im unsuree even if i read about it.

I bought the Maximus extreme XIII board and it also has some kind of "coil noise" that is triggered mostly when i move the mouse.
Its not a high pitch sound like the Hero XII but more a faint rattle snake sound with a littel hint of coil noise. I can only hear if i remove the glass plate on the case.
Or if i press my ear up against the glass plate.

This is with the current default bios.
Im gone run some test and update bios and try the noise remover feature they addet with the true/false settings

"It might sound crazy.
The sound is mostly picket up in my ear depending on the direction my head and ear is facing the pc
I guess that how the coil noise travels in wave forms."

I still stand my ground and disbelieve Asus support on that it can be related to other hardware...
So buying more expensive hardware dosent fix anything. Its pure lotto if you get high/low or none coil noise..silicon lottery

Psycrow
Level 11
I know i might be talking to my self here lately 😄
But today i updated my bios for Maximus extreme XIII and i activated the Accustic noise thing in bios with the true/false option.

I changed all the lines to False x 8 and saved bios, and now i dont hear anything when i move the mouse !
So it fixed it !!! HURRAY !

The only thing i can hear now is the remaining echoes of the old coil noise from the Hero board.

RIP Hero XIII. You where a true warrior but you had ur problems and was never wanted in life 😛

Psycrow wrote:

Still worth documenting your experience for others who may be interested.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Psycrow wrote:
But today i updated my bios for Maximus extreme XIII and i activated the Accustic noise thing in bios with the true/false option.

I changed all the lines to False x 8 and saved bios, and now i dont hear anything when i move the mouse !

The only thing i can hear now is the remaining echoes of the old coil noise from the Hero board.

RIP Hero XIII. You where a true warrior but you had ur problems and was never wanted in life 😛

HI! Always good info the feedback!
That's where i'm at. Accustic Noise + FALSE/4 or FALSE/8 did it for me! If do not enable accustic noise in BIOS I got whine when moving the mouse at idle ... When room is silent, it can be heard...it's annoing yeah, but from what i've researched it a common thing with these boards. I have a ASUS X58 premium from back 2010 still running never had these issues at all!!
Well from now will check if this thing doen's get worse over time. Keep posting
Regards,
Rick

Psycrow wrote:

Hey!
Very much thanks for this, you solved the most irritating coil whine ever, for every movement of the mouse! Its unbelivable that a motherboard even can produce coil whine just because of a mouse movement.

MaximTV
Level 7
I had exactly the same issue on my PRIME B560-PLUS. The acoustic management options reduced the coil whine so that it can only be heard when you are really close to the case.

Thanks!

Asryan
Level 10
What are exactly the false 4/ 8 settings?

TasmaN
Level 8
So...more than a year has passed, the sounds of coil whine have increased many times...gonna try RMA, there is no desire to tolerate it. The last mobo from ASUS...