cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix to coilwhine on Maximus Hero XIII

Dave2150
Level 7
EDITED - now completed fixed. Update BIOS to latest, go to Advanced in UEFI, find acoustic management options, and try the following settings:

Enjoy!
110 REPLIES 110

Dave2150
Level 7
Update. Just updated from BIOS 0013 to BIOS 0801.

Enabled the three acoustic management options as so:

Opened up the same 4K Blu-Ray HDR Remux MKV file in Media Player Classic ( with Mad VR outputting 10bit colour to my CX48 OLED) - VERY pleased to say the coilwhine is greatly reduced!

Uploaded another video to show the difference:

https://youtu.be/5VQD-9HvIeQ

The coil whine is now at a level where it doesn't disturb me even when watching quiet movie scenes on high end headphones, which was my main issue.

Thank you very much, engineers!

Dave2150 wrote:
Update. Just updated from BIOS 0013 to BIOS 0801.

Enabled the three acoustic management options as so:

Opened up the same 4K Blu-Ray HDR Remux MKV file in Media Player Classic ( with Mad VR outputting 10bit colour to my CX48 OLED) - VERY pleased to say the coilwhine is greatly reduced!

Uploaded another video to show the difference:

https://youtu.be/5VQD-9HvIeQ

The coil whine is now at a level where it doesn't disturb me even when watching quiet movie scenes on high end headphones, which was my main issue.

Thank you very much, engineers!

That's 100 percent better. Good job

Hi;
I buy ROG Z590-F WiFi , CPU i7 11700K
after one month i have issue coil whine Especially when i play games . and this issue Annoying to me .
i replace power supply , cooler aio , graphic card , cables the issue It still exists (coil whine in motherboard z590-F)
i like ASUS products but I am shocked
any solution ???
THank You

Hi,
yesterday I just updated to Beta Bios 0902 and tried the following CPU Power Management - Acoustic Noise Settings:

Acoustic Noise Mitigation: Enabled
Pre Wake/Ramp up/Ramp down time settings: all to 0
IA VR Domain: TRUE, FAST/4
GT VR Domain: TRUE, FAST/4
SA VR Domain: TRUE, FAST/4

Still massive coil whine as soon as I login to Windows.
If I disable C-States the coil whine is gone completely.

Further information: I left almost everything at default Asus OC settings, I just manually changed the
VCCIO Mem OC Voltage to 1.200V (at Auto it was 1.400V, don't need such a high value for 3600Mhz RAM clock at Gear 1 with BCLK 133/100)
Dram: 1.35V (automatically set by XMP I)
CPU system Agent Voltage: Auto (1.376V)

I hope this issue will be fixed soon, it is really annoying for a 500 bucks highend mainboard.
P.S.: Using an Asus THOR 850W power supply, I think it really comes down to the C-States setting, unfortunately Acoustic Noise Mitigation did not lower the coil whine at all with enabled C-States.

Another Asus XIII Hero user where with Intel i9 11900K. Massive coilwhine from the VRM area. Using bios 707 and all settings at default in bios. Why have ASUS not fixed this yet? This motherboard cost more than my car.

Ataemonus
Level 11
You are aware nobody can see those videos becuase you made them private, right ? Thus defeating the very purpose of making them in the first place.

Ataemonus wrote:
You are aware nobody can see those videos becuase you made them private, right ? Thus defeating the very purpose of making them in the first place.

Bet your fun at parties....

Just a misclick, videos are now unlisted, so can be viewed.

Ataemonus
Level 11
What are these parties you speak of ? :)))

Zeroed85
Level 8
I've owned an XIII Hero for around 3-4 months and my board has just started coil whining. Is there any reason it would start coil whining now? I've never needed to enable noise mitigation because I've never heard any coil whine. Now I am having to set noise mitigation to level 8 and even at that level it can still faintly be heard.

Zeroed85 wrote:
I've owned an XIII Hero for around 3-4 months and my board has just started coil whining. Is there any reason it would start coil whining now? I've never needed to enable noise mitigation because I've never heard any coil whine. Now I am having to set noise mitigation to level 8 and even at that level it can still faintly be heard.

It's quite simple, the board always had coil whine you just did not notice until now.