cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with the ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI audio problems and no communication.

Nuckels
Level 8
Dear Asus

I'll get straight to it, the Z590 asus motherboard line up has consistant issues with it's audio drivers. There is a delay on waking up, there is a chance for random static to blast my ear drums and it's been 3 months since I reported it via a ticket. https://youtu.be/kiMFy8PxMqA?t=123 Like this video I just linked (which isn't made by me) the audio will randomly break when waking up killing my eardrums.

I've sent multiple emails to ASUS that were forwarded to HQ eventually acknowledging these problems and being promised new drivers on the 13th of July, it's now been two months and nothing so far and I'd say this is quite a big problem? When can I expect new drivers to resolve these issues?

Kind regards.
148 REPLIES 148

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Nuckels,
I'm afraid our tech team have tested the components at hand but cannot reproduce the issue you mentioned.
If you have uninstalled completely and reinstalled Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307 in device manager, please use other SSD or HDD to reinstall OS and then check again.
Thank you.

I would like to say that I am totally disappointed with ASUS. At the end of 2021 I bought an Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi, believing it to be a premium product, to be a quality product, but I was wrong !!!

I had an Asus Strix B250H Gaming, which had no defects, the optical output worked perfectly with my Samsung Soundbar. When I turned on the PC, the Asus Strix B250H Gaming automatically, via optical output, turned on the Soundbar. When my PC came out of sleep mode, the Asus Strix B250H Gaming automatically, via optical output, turned on the Soundbar.

With the Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi, I had to do several procedures to fix something that shouldn't even exist, and even then, the optical output doesn't work perfectly... It only turns on the soundbar, when I go into any page that has audio, or when I press play on a YouTube or Spotify video. And in Youtube videos, all videos, the first thousandths of a second, are muted !!!

After updating BIOS, after updating sound driver, after updating W10, sometimes the sound of the optical output stops working, just restarting the computer for it to work again!

ASUS, I bought the Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi precisely because it had optical output, but this Motherboard sucks!!!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi tiago_pimenta,
Do you mean sometimes there is no sound from the optical output and you have to restart the pc?
Does it occur when running the specific apps?
Does it also occur with other optical output devices or analog output?

May I have the bios version and the audio driver version?
Does it also occur with bios all default settings?
Have you updated ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW(Line Out and SPDIF)?
Thank you.

Yeah, it is a know issue, anything related to audio internal audio suffer from delay, specifically, it like something related to the audio server used to use the internal chip, in this case alc chip.
No issue when i use my steelseries wireless pro headset, which have a dedicated audio on the receiver, which is attached by usb cable to the pc.
Perfect sync and no delay.
When i use the audio from hdmi to the tv, also there is the delay, so it must be something related to the internal audio chip.
Prolly a problem btw chip audio, and windows audio server communication.

Like I had stated before but I'll try one more time, you should update the drivers on the driverpage with 6.3.9600.2311 drivers as it solves all the remaining issues.

Zardoc
Level 10
I just noticed that the crackling issue doesn't appear but I just heard it when using Anydesk. The sound delay is longer so you can hear the same problem.

Well, at least I don't use anyDesk everyday. :rolleyes:

Hello guys, i dont know if you ever experienced audio delay, when you are idle, then you start to play a movie, a video, or anything, there is a delay.
Basically the audio goes idle, and it need to wake up, it takes 1/2 seconds.
You can notice it using hdmi audio, or even using internal MB audio, idk, mileage can differ.
For example, whit my steelseries headphone, it doesnt happen.
But when i use HDMI audio to listen pc audio throught my tv, the audio goes idle in like 2 seconds, so you just miss notifications audio, delay when you start to play a movie or a music, whatever source you use, or program, youtube whatever.
IDK if they will fix it ever, so here is the fix.
-start menu, open control panel
-Audio setting
-Input
- make certain that "Stereo Mix (Realtek(R) Audio) is selected, if it is disabled, activate it.
- device properties
- additional device properties
- listen
- check "listen to this device" and "continue running when on battery power"
- Select the device which you have delayed audio for playback.
- levels tab
- set to "0"
So basically you set that device in listen mode, if you set this on a mic, you can listen yourself when you talk, and you can test it.
Setting this like that, you hear nothing, and i don't think it interfere whit anything, but prevent idle mode on the audio device.
After you set this, audio wont go idle anymore.
Welcome back notify audio and also when you log in in microsoft you can hear the log in audio as well.
I found this solution in another forum, and states it's microsoft fault.
Hope this can help.

Stiel83 wrote:
Hello guys, i dont know if you ever experienced audio delay, when you are idle, then you start to play a movie, a video, or anything, there is a delay.
Basically the audio goes idle, and it need to wake up, it takes 1/2 seconds.
You can notice it using hdmi audio, or even using internal MB audio, idk, mileage can differ.
For example, whit my steelseries headphone, it doesnt happen.
But when i use HDMI audio to listen pc audio throught my tv, the audio goes idle in like 2 seconds, so you just miss notifications audio, delay when you start to play a movie or a music, whatever source you use, or program, youtube whatever.
IDK if they will fix it ever, so here is the fix.
-start menu, open control panel
-Audio setting
-Input
- make certain that "Stereo Mix (Realtek(R) Audio) is selected, if it is disabled, activate it.
- device properties
- additional device properties
- listen
- check "listen to this device" and "continue running when on battery power"
- Select the device which you have delayed audio for playback.
- levels tab
- set to "0"
So basically you set that device in listen mode, if you set this on a mic, you can listen yourself when you talk, and you can test it.
Setting this like that, you hear nothing, and i don't think it interfere whit anything, but prevent idle mode on the audio device.
After you set this, audio wont go idle anymore.
Welcome back notify audio and also when you log in in microsoft you can hear the log in audio as well.
I found this solution in another forum, and states it's microsoft fault.
Hope this can help.

This is normal. When you idle for awhile. and espacially with USB/SPFID attached device, It will happened. To be it pretty normal. Just like while my CD Player while still Playing connected D/A converter and I need to go out buying groceries, I put my pre ampon standby, When I am back and turn on my pre amp again there is a lag for a second or so to reconnect.

ahfoo wrote:
This is normal. When you idle for awhile. and espacially with USB/SPFID attached device, It will happened. To be it pretty normal. Just like while my CD Player while still Playing connected D/A converter and I need to go out buying groceries, I put my pre ampon standby, When I am back and turn on my pre amp again there is a lag for a second or so to reconnect.

Well, not totally normal. it was a bug even whit old realtek drivers, then whit a new driver it was fixed.
When i use headphones i dont have this delay, so i don't know if it is really working as intended.
when you have a working driver, you can hear login sound, and you can hear sound really straight up, so if it is some sort of idle stuff, i dont think it should be like, 2 seconds before going idle?
i might understand 5 mins, or anyway, i would like to set it up to my liking, but here we are talking like not hearing most common stuff, meanwhile with other devices, they work just fine.
if it would be a system wise thing, any device you use, should behave like that, but as of now, i only have delay on hdmi only.
Never tryed spdif or analogue connections, but i bet they don't have that delay.
If you use usb device, or usb DAC, you don't have this delay.
When i had win 10 on old pc, i fixed whit a specific realtek driver, and it wasn't working as intended.