cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FA506QR BIOS Ver. 412

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
I have been trying to find notes on it to see what the changed are and google has absolutely nothing.

Any chance of you guys telling me what's new in this BIOS version please?
7 REPLIES 7

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Ragnaraz690 wrote:
I have been trying to find notes on it to see what the changed are and google has absolutely nothing.

Any chance of you guys telling me what's new in this BIOS version please?

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/FA506QR/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Version 412
2022/07/25
Description:
It is recommended to download and update the BIOS and firmware for system performance optimization. The update takes a few minutes, please do not turn off your computer during the process to avoid critical problem that system cannot be turned on.
Caution! Active updates are possible during the Windows Update process!

(UEFI is a firmware package that controls keyboard, monitor, disk and other hardware devices and provides software interface to help OS control hardware devices.)

Important Information:
Optimize system performance

SHA-256:
EE9D8A0960F0F03E28622FBC621EE60AAAFD666513C1DDE96775B2F065781D3C

Falcon@ROG wrote:
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/FA506QR/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Version 412
2022/07/25
Description:
It is recommended to download and update the BIOS and firmware for system performance optimization. The update takes a few minutes, please do not turn off your computer during the process to avoid critical problem that system cannot be turned on.
Caution! Active updates are possible during the Windows Update process!

(UEFI is a firmware package that controls keyboard, monitor, disk and other hardware devices and provides software interface to help OS control hardware devices.)

Important Information:
Optimize system performance

SHA-256:
EE9D8A0960F0F03E28622FBC621EE60AAAFD666513C1DDE96775B2F065781D3C

@Falcon@ROG,

This bios makes an error on a nvme controler ("this peripherical can't start - error code 10"), and one of my nvme doesn't appears anymore. Only thing to do, reflash to bios 409. Please report to the tech team.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
About as helpful as Sony's patch notes on OS updates.
I was wondering what they actually optimised.

on asus A15 (F506QR) bios update had for consquence to make one of my SDD disappear. (See https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130005-TUF-Gaming-A15-FA506QR-inaccessible-boot-device-aft... for more details). Other poster had no longer access to main HDD. Failure was linked to windows as bios did indeed see the 2 HDD, but windows (or IRQ or whatever ) could not see the second drive.

Things gets back to normal once reverted to bios 409

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thanks @Falcon@ROG ! I hope they will fix it soon !

(Meanwhile, if they could upgrade the 3070's TGP - as the STRIX one and as ACER done on their products - I tested it with a vbios modded, 115-120W easy !)

Bios version 410 applied here. All seems correct. No TGP's change 😕

Thx to the devs anyway