cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL-AX82U Hard reset

TrebleTA
Level 8
I would like to know the correct way to hard reset my AX82U.
Also a bit more info for the router ui reset.

To hard reset I read switch off the router hold the wps, till lights go out the push power button, what power button, well it's a switch, so do I switch it off and on again.

A hard reset will clear all NVRam?

The router Ui has reset but has a option, what's the difference, as, "Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History" should that not be in the default? Just re initialize?

Oh then there is the reset button!

Thanks
39 REPLIES 39

Hi thanks, yes I have seen the vpn errors, I normaly update the config file, but will forward to proton vpn too as I should not need to manual edit there file.

The above error is QOS! I get the above error daily. But did say QOS dont work, I got the above error on adtive, and still get since I set manual. Also dont remember seeing it before the hard reset. But for now will let you team sort.

Also some more errors I'm unsure off.

Nov 6 14:47:57 kernel: [191245.564081] ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] sysport_tm_command,1224: Feature Unavailable^[[0m
Nov 6 14:48:05 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 57f
Nov 6 14:48:06 kernel: [191254.711624] HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:06 kernel: [191254.818809] HTB: quantum of class 20001 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:06 kernel: [191254.881241] HTB: quantum of class 10009 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:06 kernel: [191255.045808] HTB: quantum of class 20009 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:10 kernel: [191258.971916] HTB: quantum of class 10043 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:11 kernel: [191259.283352] HTB: quantum of class 10044 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:11 kernel: [191259.605480] HTB: quantum of class 10045 is big. Consider r2q change.
Nov 6 14:48:11 kernel: [191259.905467] HTB: quantum of class 10046 is big. Consider r2q change.

Also 1 other

Nov 7 14:27:39 miniupnpd[2826]: PCP: External IP in request didn't match interface IP
Nov 7 14:27:39 miniupnpd[2826]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 6888, protocol TCP
Nov 7 14:27:39 miniupnpd[2826]: PCP: External IP in request didn't match interface IP
Nov 7 14:27:39 miniupnpd[2826]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 6888, protocol UDP

Thanks

I've just registered to write that I also get the same Adaptive QOS-related warning (.... at net/sched/sch_htb.c:568 htb_qlen_notify+0x6c/0x70()) that you mentioned in your post #5, but on RT-AX56U. I also saw complains that this warning appears on RT-AX86U routers.

Looks like it does not affect QOS, but it is quite annoying, sometimes it appears several times a day and just floods the log file. I tried to understand what is causing it, but resetting the router or rolling back to previous firmware version does not make any difference. However, I noticed that it usually occurs at night (maybe some scheduled job runs automatically on the router and causes it?); it also occurs often after I watch something on a Samsung TV on YouTube or Netflix. Looks like other clients do not trigger it.

I hope that it will be fixed one day or at least it won't flood the log file as much as it does currently.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
May I double confirm you face the issues while setup or running qos function? or you got the error but everything is working fine?
If you have the issues while setup or running qos function, may I have more detail and a video about the issue?
Have you sent feedbacks again on 11/6 and 11/7 for the new error you mentioned?
Thank you.

Everything seems fine yet get the above errors, I will send you some more feedback now, so you can check. Also I set the wps to switch led on/off and that was odd or slow to respond to clicks, did think it was broken.
The two newer errors I posted I have seen since I got the router. Yet the orginal errors at the start of the post I have only seen since I hard reset, and then still after soft reset via ui. I also notice its happing daily.

P.s can do a full test 24hrs dsl etc if needed can plug a usb in. Just let me know

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
If you don't have any issues, please don't worry about the qos related system notice.
For wps switch and the two newer errors, I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
I've consulted our tech team again.
The first log you posted on 11/8 is related to the log on 11/5. Our tech team have checked other related logs in feedback again, and they didn't find system and hardware error.
The second log you posted on 11/8 is UPNP related. There are some settings in the system, that need register and add rules via UPNP to be active. It seems you might setup some rules for port-forwarding and there is conflict between the rules. The syslogs also inform there are some actions and records in the system but not all of them are errors.
In our opinion, you can rest assured that there is no system and hardware error in the feedback log.
For wps button, because there are varied functions with the wps button, the response time would be different.
Please refer to page8 of our manual for the functions with the wps button.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/DSL-AX82U/E18230_DSL-AX82U_UM_WEB_0802.pdf
Thank you.

Could that be down to your open nat protocols like 2 xboxs using the same ports see picture.

Should they be a port trigger If 2 devices use same?

Also I have UPNP enabled.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
If you don't have any issue with port forwarding, it is not necessary to adjust the settings and pay high attention to the syslog.
Thank you.

Hi thanks again, I looked a port forward logs and all looks fine
Yet the errors I see in the logs are for the vdsl connection I thinked.

And what is this quantum of class is big?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi TrebleTA,
Please don't worry about the logs if you don't have any issues on the functions.
Thank you.