cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the crosshair vi hero have tpm 2.0

skellattarr
Level 10
my x-wife has the crosshair vi hero and i would like to know if that board has TPM 2.0 so she can run windows 11
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case
10 REPLIES 10

RedSector73
Level 12
Yes, it does have provision for 1 x TPM header.

You can without the header filled, enable via BIOS, as follows.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Advanced Menu -> AMD fTPM Configuartion
TPM Device Selection: Firmware TPM

Save & Exit

I have tested this on 3700x CH6 and meets windows 11 TPM requirements. Also tested 1800x, B350 and 3900x CH8 all working as meeting windows 11 TPM requirements without filling a TPM header.

Hope you find this helpful.

RedSector73 wrote:
Yes, it does have provision for 1 x TPM header.

You can without the header filled, enable via BIOS, as follows.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Advanced Menu -> AMD fTPM Configuartion
TPM Device Selection: Firmware TPM

Save & Exit

I have tested this on 3700x CH6 and meets windows 11 TPM requirements. Also tested 1800x, B350 and 3900x CH8 all working as meeting windows 11 TPM requirements without filling a TPM header.

Hope you find this helpful.

Thank you so much, it works for me.

BuddyW
Level 7
skellattarr wrote:
my x-wife has the crosshair vi hero and i would like to know if that board has TPM 2.0 so she can run windows 11

Hardware TPM modules are impossible to find now and prices show it. But any Ryzen CPU has an fTPM that is TPM 2.0 compliant with up-to-date BIOS. But if using a gen 1 CPU (like 1700/1800x) your processor is unsupported for Win11 even though it supports TPM 2.0.

Check for compatibility with MS's app:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11

Scroll down to find the PC Health Check app link. It will say if compatible and why if not.

Intel's 7th and 8th gen CPU's are also showing as unsupported. Including Ryzen 1st gen that's a huge chunk of installed base MS is ruling out apparently arbitrarily. We've still got several months till we'll get a chance to run it for real, so it's possible to change in that time.

BuddyW wrote:
Including Ryzen 1st gen that's a huge chunk of installed base MS is ruling out apparently arbitrarily. We've still got several months till we'll get a chance to run it for real, so it's possible to change in that time.

Strange I have it working on 1800x ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Strange I have it working on 1800x ?

It's the CPU's that aren't 'supported' with Windows 11. Go get that health check tool and see if it says you're ready to upgrade. TPM 2.0 itself works fine once I enabled the fTPM in my 1700 CPU also, but the tool says the CPU's not supported.

I've been reading that CPU generation is a 'soft' requirement. At update time we'll be informed that it's 'not advised' to update to Win11 but we can go ahead and update anyway with 1st gen Ryzen. There's no indication why the cut-off is set there, maybe they just had to start somewhere.

RedSector73
Level 12
Ok so not TPM issue but a CPU issue. Yes that failed. Interesting.

I only went as far testing TPM worked initially... my bad.

skellattarr
Level 10
bummer the cpu is not supported she is just going to have to stick with windows 10 so she doesn't run into problems thanks for the info
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

skellattarr wrote:
bummer the cpu is not supported she is just going to have to stick with windows 10 so she doesn't run into problems thanks for the info

It will install windows 11, as Gen 1 Ryzen, meets the soft limits from what I have read. Why said interesting is that, the gen1 not 'yes' supported and strange as Gen 2 is.

Gen 2 is just + Version of Gen 1 ... so I think this is interesting/strange and unlikely to be a real issue but have to wait n see.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Whats funny is it told me my X299 rig wasnt compliant but just had to enable the TPM that is embedded, no chip to buy but it gives you a link to buy new gear that support it! LOL