cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Asus' Service: ASUS - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI missing Qlatches!

gchou626
Level 7
I bought a brand new ASUS - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI on 8/2/21. I was excited to finally build my computer. After almost completing my build, I noticed the MB did not come the new Qlatches. I was excited to use this new advertised feature and was disappointed to remove the heat shield for the m.2 slots and see the standard mounting holes. The latches did not come in any of the included bags. I thought to myself well my build is almost complete, I'm not going to disassemble my build and exchange the MB for missing Qlatches. It should be a simple matter for Asus to send me the missing latches. I was wrong.

Summary of communcation below.

8/5: Submitted requested for missing Qlatches. Customer Support quickly replied and stated they were looking into it.

Some back and forth with passing of information and assurances that a resolution will be provided.

8/11: I asked for an updated after several days with no update. Customer Service states that are waiting for a response about the part.

8/14: Customer Service replies that they don't have the part. There was no apology, no attempt for resolution, no promise to provide at a later date. Simply, we dont have it.

8/15: I replied expressing that I was upset and very unhappy with the customer service as this was a brand new motherboard costing $276 and missing pieces that should have been in the box. Asus should make this right. I let them know I was attempting to resolve this issue through standard channels (web/email) even though I had received much better service through the forum for a previous Asus product.

8/16: Asus replies and states they are sorry and they are "addressing all opportunities with a sense of urgency". They state they will let me know if they get the part and I should feel free to check day by day.

9/7: I feel like I have given them plenty of time and have not hear back in weeks. I reach out to them again asking for an update.

9/8: They reply again with Sorry we don't have the parts.

At this point, I'm not sure what else to do, but to post here to see if I can get some resolution. I know some may consider this a whiny post, but I would simply like what I paid full price for. I don't feel like Asus has made an earnest attempt to resolve this.

I have had issues with an Asus product before and have received great resolution through this forum. I'm hoping that that can happen again and possibly help others with missing accessories where Asus Customer Support has not been much help.
5 REPLIES 5

Grimpak
Level 8
acording to the manual, they are pre-assembled, or so I understand...?

edit: oh wait, you already said that they weren't below the heat shield. odd really.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi gchou626,

May I have the serial number of the motherboard and photos about your m.2 slots via PM?
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi gchou626,

May I have the serial number of the motherboard and photos about your m.2 slots via PM?
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

PM sent. Thank you.

xeromist
***Reminder: Service inquiries is not a discussion area. You may not post here unless you are the OP or an ASUS representative. Other posts will be deleted.***

Off topic post(s) deleted. As of the time of this edit this is an old inquiry and thus will be closed. gchou may request it be reopened if further attention is needed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Faspro64
Level 7
gchou626 wrote:
I bought a brand new ASUS - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI on 8/2/21. I was excited to finally build my computer. After almost completing my build, I noticed the MB did not come the new Qlatches. I was excited to use this new advertised feature and was disappointed to remove the heat shield for the m.2 slots and see the standard mounting holes. The latches did not come in any of the included bags. I thought to myself well my build is almost complete, I'm not going to disassemble my build and exchange the MB for missing Qlatches. It should be a simple matter for Asus to send me the missing latches. I was wrong.

Summary of communcation below.

8/5: Submitted requested for missing Qlatches. Customer Support quickly replied and stated they were looking into it.

Some back and forth with passing of information and assurances that a resolution will be provided.

8/11: I asked for an updated after several days with no update. Customer Service states that are waiting for a response about the part.

8/14: Customer Service replies that they don't have the part. There was no apology, no attempt for resolution, no promise to provide at a later date. Simply, we dont have it.

8/15: I replied expressing that I was upset and very unhappy with the customer service as this was a brand new motherboard costing $276 and missing pieces that should have been in the box. Asus should make this right. I let them know I was attempting to resolve this issue through standard channels (web/email) even though I had received much better service through the forum for a previous Asus product.

8/16: Asus replies and states they are sorry and they are "addressing all opportunities with a sense of urgency". They state they will let me know if they get the part and I should feel free to check day by day.

9/7: I feel like I have given them plenty of time and have not hear back in weeks. I reach out to them again asking for an update.

9/8: They reply again with Sorry we don't have the parts.

At this point, I'm not sure what else to do, but to post here to see if I can get some resolution. I know some may consider this a whiny post, but I would simply like what I paid full price for. I don't feel like Asus has made an earnest attempt to resolve this.

I have had issues with an Asus product before and have received great resolution through this forum. I'm hoping that that can happen again and possibly help others with missing accessories where Asus Customer Support has not been much help.

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue.