cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta S Wireless Charging Issue

F1Aussie
Level 11
Hi all, I am having an issue where my headphones won't charge past 90%. I have tried multiple charging cables and it is the same issue for all. I have only had them for a couple of weeks and have charged them twice now. Any ideas if the headphones are faulty, if it is an armoury crate display bug or there is some sorcery involved in getting them to fully charge?
Cheers
25 REPLIES 25

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, F1Aussie and thank you for reaching out.

May I ask if the "charging issue" happens on the ROG Delta S?
Could you please help confirm the following question?
- Is it connected to a PC/Mac/mobile phone, or other devices? Please provide the brand and model name.
- What application is used to confirm the battery percentage and associated settings? Is it possible to provide a snapshot of "won't charge past 90%"?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, F1Aussie and thank you for reaching out.

May I ask if the "charging issue" happens on the ROG Delta S?
Could you please help confirm the following question?
- Is it connected to a PC/Mac/mobile phone, or other devices? Please provide the brand and model name.
- What application is used to confirm the battery percentage and associated settings? Is it possible to provide a snapshot of "won't charge past 90%"?

Thank you.

Hi there, yes it is the ROG Delta S Wireless. I have tried charging in on two separate pc and have had the same issue. I have used the cable that came with it and tried others as well.

The red charging light seems to go out once it reaches 90%, it does not say it is fully charged when it reaches 90%.

I have tried charging on my new X670 ROG build and an older X570 build.

I use armoury crate to check the %. I have the Chakram X mouse and that charges to 100% with no problem.

I have also just noticed that with my claymore 2 keyboard that when it charges to 100% with less than a minute of being 100% charged it drops to 99% and then in less than another minute it drops to 95% charge and then it will sit there until normal usage occurs where the charge indicator in armoury crate functions normally.

I have never seen these types of charge anomalies in any other wireless pc components I have owned.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, F1Aussie.

Please go to Armoury Crate > Settings > Update Center to confirm whether all items on this page have been updated to the latest version.
If all items have been up-to-date but the ROG Delta S WIRELESS and ROG Claymore II still have charging issues, could you help record*and provide the relevant logs?
For log operation steps, please refer to "Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)" in the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, approve access, and PM me the link.

Meanwhile, please share the requested information below as well.
- a screenshot of the Armoury Crate Update Center
- the main motherboard and the current BIOS version used
- the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

I will compile the above information and forward it to the relevant departments for further investigation.
Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, F1Aussie.

Please go to Armoury Crate > Settings > Update Center to confirm whether all items on this page have been updated to the latest version.
If all items have been up-to-date but the ROG Delta S WIRELESS and ROG Claymore II still have charging issues, could you help record*and provide the relevant logs?
For log operation steps, please refer to "Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)" in the following link.
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, approve access, and PM me the link.

I will compile the above information and forward it to the relevant departments for further investigation.
Thank you.

Thanks for those steps, yes can do that, might take me a few days to get it done as am halfway through renovating a shower

F1Aussie wrote:
Thanks for those steps, yes can do that, might take me a few days to get it done as am halfway through renovating a shower

Hi, I have finally done the logs and will pm you the link soon.

As for your other questions the mobo is a strix x670e - egaming i am on bios 0805, cpu is AMD 7700X, RAM is G-Skill Trident z5 neo 2 X 16gb 6000mhzCl30 DDR5, gpu is strix rtx 4090 OC, psu is Thor 1200w P2, on Win 11 build 22621.1105.

Armory crate update center below
96956 96957

With the bios I have made the following changes from default
AI Tweaker - Precision boost overdrive - CPU Boost Clock Override = Enabled (Positive)

AI Tweaker - Precision boost overdrive - Curve Optimizer = All cores, Negative, 15

AI Tweaker - Precision boost overdrive - Max CPU Boost Clock Override(+) = 200 (type in)

AI Tweaker - Precision boost overdrive - Medium Load Boostit = Enabled

AI Tweaker - Precision boost overdrive - PBO = Enhancement, Thermal limit = Level 1

Advanced - AMD CBS - Options - DDR Memory Features - Mmory Context Restore = Disabled

Advanced - AMD CBS - SMT control = Auto

Advanced - APM config - ERP Ready = Disabled

Advanced - CPU config - SVM mode = Disabled

Advanced - Onboard devices config - When system is in sleep = Stealth mode

Advanced - USB config - Legacy USB support = Disabled

Boot - Boot config - Fast boot = Disabled

Boot - CSM - Launch CSM = Disabled

My favorites - AI overclock tuner = EXPO 2

I recharged the headphones earlier and before I started it showed as 55% charge, as soon as I plugged it in to charge it showed 85%, bizarre.
Cheers

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, F1Aussie.

Thank you.

Hi, info you requested is in post above, cheers.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, F1Aussie.

Since your previous log recording time was a bit short, would you kindly share the ROG Delta S Wireless charging log once again for 30 minutes to 1 hour?
And the serial number and purchase date for the ROG Claymore II and ROG Delta S Wireless via PM as well.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, F1Aussie.

The relevant team are still looking into the log confirmation you gave with regard to the charging of the ROG Delta S Wireless.
Regarding the ROG Claymore II keyboard power icon, the 100% battery is separated into five equal portions, whereas the 67% power display has four bars with a standard icon.
The remaining three bars will be seen on the battery icon after the battery falls below 60%.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, F1Aussie.

According to the reply from the relevant department, we are able to effectively confirm the abnormal charging of your ROG Delta S Wireless, and this will be corrected in the next version of the firmware, which is currently expected to be released in March.
Please make the necessary updates to fix the problem.

Thank you.