cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi - Only one USB 3 Front Panel Port works?

Nicholas_Steel
Level 8
My Fractal Design Define 5 case has two USB 2 and two USB 3 ports on the front of the case and after plugging everything in it seems like only one of the USB 3 ports is working (the right most port). The port to its left doesn't recognize nor charge any device plugged in to it.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/define-r5/black/

Pretty sure the case only has a single USB 3.0 plug for the motherboard, so... yeah it seems weird right? Unless the port in the case is faulty or developed a fault I guess (I've had the case for a while now with a motherboard that lacked the ability to use those ports)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi Motherboard|16GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM|Integrated Audio|MSI Geforce 1070Ti|Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply|Fractal Define Design R5 Computer Case|Samsung P2350 Monitor
2 REPLIES 2

Idan345
Level 8
I have the exact same issue with my phantek enthoo 719...
Out of 2 usb 3 that I connected, only 1 works, the rightmost..

Any solution?

Idan345 wrote:
I have the exact same issue with my phantek enthoo 719...
Out of 2 usb 3 that I connected, only 1 works, the rightmost..

Any solution?

I thought I had answered you already, I guess not. I haven't found a solution. I'm now running firmware v3801.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi Motherboard|16GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM|Integrated Audio|MSI Geforce 1070Ti|Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply|Fractal Define Design R5 Computer Case|Samsung P2350 Monitor