cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross hair lines appeared on new SCAR 17

Bobinstein
Level 7
I have a new Strix SCAR 17, less than a month old. The other day a verticle and horizontal line appeared on the screen. The laptop was not taken anywhere, it was left on a desk at home and there was nothing on top of it or under the closed screen, so I have no idea how the damage occured.

I am still under warranty, but the nearest authorized repair shop is 10 hours away so I would have to mail it out for repairs. I would prefer not to do that since I use it for work.

I have reinstalled all of the graphics drivers and that didnt help.

I have never overclocked anything, and have it running on silent mode.

Is there anything else I can try software side to try and resolve this without having to mail out my computer for who knows how long?
1 REPLY 1

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Bobinstein wrote:
I have a new Strix SCAR 17, less than a month old. The other day a verticle and horizontal line appeared on the screen. The laptop was not taken anywhere, it was left on a desk at home and there was nothing on top of it or under the closed screen, so I have no idea how the damage occured.

I am still under warranty, but the nearest authorized repair shop is 10 hours away so I would have to mail it out for repairs. I would prefer not to do that since I use it for work.

I have reinstalled all of the graphics drivers and that didnt help.

I have never overclocked anything, and have it running on silent mode.

Is there anything else I can try software side to try and resolve this without having to mail out my computer for who knows how long?

Unfortunately, this should be caused by a problem with the screen hardware and needs to be sent for repair.
The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.