cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy high voltage on Strix 670x E

thegovernment
Level 7
I'm on 705 bios but what is the deal with the auto voltage pretty much pinning the voltage to 1.43v on my 7700x? It fluctuates some but is over 1.4v at 90% of the time, even when it's doing nothing .

Obviously I know I can change and I set a offset and voltage limit but even at idle, the temps are just stupid on auto (Corsair 150i and sits at 68c most of the time) inset the temp limit to 85c with 0 performance loss and a 15c difference in temps.

I don't really have many complaints about anything other than that. I haven't really found many bugs, everything has worked really well. I just don't feel like I should have to go an make a bunch of changes to an auto voltage that pumps enough to set a world record lol. Even maxing all cores manually I was at 1.37v and I would never run that 24/7.
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi thegovernment,
May I know how you check CPU voltage?
Do you get it on bios 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC)? or you have adjusted any settings in bios?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi thegovernment,
May I know how you check CPU voltage?
Do you get it on bios 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC)? or you have adjusted any settings in bios?
Thank you.

Voltages checked in bios and using armory crate. Even just the processor sitting in the bios it will go over 1.4v.

That was the default 705 bios, no changes, all stock.

Sitting idle in windows it constantly ramps up to 5.5ghz and its doing nothing! I've got a 360 AIO and it keeps temps for the most part in check but I've had to go change. I know this is a wide spread thing as every forum has people complaining about it. I run curve optimizer and am -25 and stable for now.
It's just ridiculous that we would have to do anything. That's absolutely insane voltage to have on an auto setting.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi thegovernment,
Thank you for your reply.
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your ram, graphics card, PSU, and OS drive
(Please check the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-4600C18D-16GTRG.)
- graphics driver version
- OS version and OS build
- screenshots of CPU voltage with bios default settings(no OC)
Thank you.