cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer screen goes blank and fans get noisy

Kev48
Level 7
Hi, the computer does it at random times,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z390-P (LGA1151) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (MSI) Intel Core i9 9900K @ 3.60GHz
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology. Could it be my graphics card?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Sounds like the whole system is locking up. This could be due to a GPU issue or it could be something else. You can check the Windows Event viewer to see if there are any events corresponding to the crashes but it can sometimes be cryptic. I recommend searching online to read how to use the Event Viewer.

For hardware validation, to begin I would remove any overclocks and run at stock. See if that makes any difference. Also, if this is a random issue but happens often enough to not be a burden you could try removing the GPU and using the iGPU instead. You won't be able to game but if you just want to leave the machine overnight to see if it crashes then that would be a simple test.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Kev48.

May I ask if you made*any software or hardware changes before the situation you described occurred?
Based on the black screen you mentioned in the title, it is recommended that you refer to the link below and follow the steps for troubleshooting the problem you might have.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042632/

Thank you.