cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change BIOS to see TPM

treadhead194
Level 7
I have a Maximus X Hero (wifi-ac) with BIOS version 2701 or 2.17.1246. I'm not quite sure how to set the parameters as the BIOS is showing

TPM Device Selection - dTPM
PTP Aware OS - PTP Aware

At the present time, I have Win 11 installed and I have never used Bitlocker so I'm lost as far as setting the BIOS to see the TPM, or is it seeing it already by using the present settings in the BIOS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Would also like to know how to change the email address as the address that was used to join the thread is no longer in use.
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi treadhead194,
It is Windows 11 supported by default on BIOS 2701, and no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS.
For ROG forum account, I'm afraid the account(email address) cannot be changed.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi treadhead194,
It is Windows 11 supported by default on BIOS 2701, and no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS.
For ROG forum account, I'm afraid the account(email address) cannot be changed.
Thank you.

I found out that the BIOS is already set for Win 11 by accident and as far as the email address is concerned I guess I'll just have to create another account, not that I want to. I appreciate your reply.
There is one other question. If you store your Bitlockey key on a USB drive, can there be other files on that drive as long as they don't have a txt. extension?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi treadhead194,
Yes, you can put other files(not txt. extension) in the USB drive.
Thank you.