cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect my Asus FX516PE to my Samsung TV with HDMI, I’ve tried everything!!!

Aria97
Level 7
Hi
*I have 2021 Samsung TV QE65Q60AA Software Ver 2101 (Latest) and Asus TUF Dash F15 FX516PE laptop with 4k output running windows 11 ver 22H2 and all drivers updated.

*Everything was fine until yesterday when I was playing a game and using my Samsung TV as my display via HDMI, game mode was on and working fine and one second I came to disconnect my Ethernet cable and I just touched the HDMI cable connected to my laptop that caused it to get disconnected from my TV and the game crashed (refresh rate service error).

After this incident I couldn’t connect my Asus laptop to my Samsung TV anymore, first I thought my cable is broken but I tested it with a different Laptop and it worked fine with my Samsung TV, and then I though my Asus HDMI port may be broken But I connected it to another TV and it worked fine too!

*So there is something specific wrong between my Asus laptop and my Samsung TV, I tried different types of HDMI cables, different resolutions but it didn’t work at all. Then I thought maybe somehow my Asus laptop or my Samsung TV is blocked the other one after that incident that my game crashed, so I reinstalled my Windows and Reset factory my Samsung TV, but it didn’t help!

*My Asus laptop detects the second screen (my Samsung TV connected to Geforce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU) but my Samsung TV doesn’t recognize it (says unknown device). I tried different HDMI ports of my TV, I tried first connecting them then turning on my laptop or vice versa but none of them helped me!

* * I would appreciate if anyone could help me solve this weird problem! * * *
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
If the laptop is connected to other TVs normally and the system has been restored.
Maybe you can confirm whether the FW of the TV can be refreshed or updated.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
If the laptop is connected to other TVs normally and the system has been restored.
Maybe you can confirm whether the FW of the TV can be refreshed or updated.

Yes the laptop is connected to other TVs normally
I have reinstalled the windows

The TV firmware is the latest version, and I have it factory reset as well.

The problem happened when I came to disconnect my ethernet cable from my laptop and it is close to the HDMI port, and I just touched the HDMI cable and the connection can not be established afterwards.

I don’t know if the disconnecting of the ethernet cable might relate to the problem or not. (the HDMI cable is with ethernet as well)

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
From my standpoint, I would suggest you go to the service center to confirm whether the HDMI of the laptop is normal.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
From my standpoint, I would suggest you go to the service center to confirm whether the HDMI of the laptop is normal.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Is it normal that in display settings it says my TV is connected to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti?
and my internal display is connected to Intel iris
should not both of them be connected to Intel?

and also if I uninstall GeForce driver, I can not connect my Asus to other TVs as well and it does not recognize my Samsung TV too. (without GeForce driver the HDMI does not work at all!)

How can I make my external display to be connected to Intel?