Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG in Parental scheduling

Indigian
Level 10
Controlling internet access.....

open 1pm-5pm & 6:30pm-10:30pm

Start and End times are back to front because default access is open.
To set 1pm to 5pm (allow internet access) you need to do as follows....

START 5pm - END 1pm

This now blocks ANY schedule made to allow access after 5pm

If Parental Access is turned on it should mean access is denied by default because thats the whole point of parental access.
Scheduling access would therefore work correctly.
START 1pm - END 5pm
7 REPLIES 7

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Indigian,
Sorry I'm little confused.
Do you want to disable devices to access internet from 1pm-5pm & 6:30pm-10:30pm? or allow internet access 1pm-5pm?
May I have your router model name, the firmware version and a screenshot of parental scheduling settings?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Indigian,
Do you want to disable devices to access internet from 1pm-5pm & 6:30pm-10:30pm? or allow internet access 1pm-5pm?
May I have your router model name, the firmware version and a screenshot of parental scheduling settings?
Thank you.

Hi
Ok,so I want to control devices access to the internet ( Parental Control ) specifically my Child's devices.

I want to allow access between 1pm to 5pm - 4hrs and again allow access from 6:30pm to 10:30pm - 4hrs
Currently we have to use 2 rules/schedules to achieve this
Rule 1 - Start at 5pm and End at 1pm
Rule 2 - Start at 10:30pm and End at 6:30pm
This is because these rules 'block' access not 'allow' which also means both CANNOT be active at the same time for them to work.
I have to switch the rules on/off to allow them to work.

Pretty sure its an Asus way of scheduling so it will be in all devices,it's in the android app this way too.
I have a GT-AX11000 and also a RT-AC5300 both have up to date FW,parental/scheduling has been like this for quite a while,impossible to manage.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Indigian,
Thank you.

Any news on this?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Indigian,
Thank you for your reply.
The current offtime schedule design is to block the specific devices to access the internet.
If you would like to allow access between 1pm to 5pm - 4hrs and again allow access from 6:30pm to 10:30pm - 4hrs, please set up the rules below.
1. 00:00-13:00
2. 17:00-18:30
3. 20:30-24:00
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Indigian,
Thank you for your reply.
The current offtime schedule design is to block the specific devices to access the internet.
If you would like to allow access between 1pm to 5pm - 4hrs and again allow access from 6:30pm to 10:30pm - 4hrs, please set up the rules below.
1. 00:00-13:00
2. 17:00-18:30
3. 20:30-24:00
Thank you.

Yes,it is backwards.
3 rules where 2 are only needed.
And what if I wanted to 'allow access' in 2hrly segments,how many rules do I need to make?

The current offtime schedule design should be to allow specific devices to access the internet not block.
Then you only need 1 rule for any time segment....1pm - 5pm job done.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Indigian,
For your 'allow access' suggestion, we will forward it to our tech team for evaluation.
Thank you for your feedback.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Indigian,
For your 'allow access' suggestion, we will forward it to our tech team for evaluation.
Thank you for your feedback.

Many Thanks for that.

Trying to set up more than 1 rule that does not clash with another rule is a nightmare and currently need a maths degree 😕