Hi, I'm having trouble with my Rog Strix G732LWS 17 for a while now.
Intel Core I7 10875H 2.30GHz
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
SSD disk 1tr (in two separate disks)
16 Go ram in two pieces
- I bought it a year ago, Blue Screens started few month ago and are very frequent since one month.
- It started with Blue Screen after sleep mode with restart on BIOS with "Storage device not found" in place of the SSD disk.
- Then it becomes more frequent when the PC was in idle during night, in the morning I always found it in the BIOS with that "Storage device not found".
- And the BSOD started to happen after few minutes in idle or watching videos on youtube or navigating on the Internet, never when playing a game.
So I had to always run a game in background to continue using the PC for simple desk tasks.
What I tried :
- Updating all drivers and Windows
- I did several factory windows reinstall with and without drivers and windows update
- Opening the laptop to clean it and unplug the batery to remove residual energy
- Testing both ram
- Trying various windows manipulations I've seen on forums like disable .netframework sheduled task
- Trying to run windows in safe mode
What I've recently noticed is that the blue screens seem to not happen when in TURBO mode, and that in other modes the VCORE voltages seems very low (around 0.700v - 0.800v)
So my idea now would be to rise that voltage a little bit to avoid those Blue Screens, but in the BIOS it's only possible to down it. On Intel Extreme Tunning Utility the Static core voltage mode is disabled.
I would really appreciate some helps since I'm fighting for a month with those permanent BSOD that give me the will to trow the Laptop down to the deep blue of the Ocean in front of my house, and that would be not ecological.
RMA should be the very last option since I live in a very remoted island in the right middle of the Pacific Ocean (Marquesas Islands).
Thanks in advance for the help.
Can we bump this. This is a serious problem that has developed in the last few months with ROG Strix owners. I am having the exact problem. BSOD on silent, performance, or windows modes but perfectly fine on Turbo. Something is happening somewhere when the cpu throttles down into a idle state. Critical Process Died. No dumps so we have nothing to give to help with the problem.