cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios update 1402 no substantial fixes

Zardoc
Level 10
I just installed the bios update for my ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6.

I don’t see any performance gain nor did I see one with 1301.

I have 2 nagging issues that have kept bothering me since I bought this board.

1) Boot is fast, but not always. If I install a USB camera (any USB Camera) boot will turn in circles for 15 to 20 seconds longer.
Sometimes, eventually after multiple reboots. Boots will shift back to its fast time, but it’s never the same and most often than not take long to boot.
If I remove everything from USB 2.0 slots, boot will always be fast and I even have all the 3.0 slots populated.
There must be a fix because like I said, sometimes eventually boot will be fast.

2) Why in heaven’s name doesn’t Intel fix their Ethernet drivers. Since I don’t know what Windows version, network will disconnect and reconnect on reboot or shutdown in most cases (That's normal)
Last I225 driver version (1.0.2.14) seemed to have fixed that (not quite, I mean you can disable message in advanced settings), but for a reason I can’t get my head around latest driver (2.1.1.7) brings back the same issue and you can't disable messages in advanced settings.

At least the latest driver gives us the choice of disabling connection loss messages that fill up the event viewer.

Is it possible to have a motherboard that doesn’t have nagging little issues for 3 years and eventually get fixed by the time you want to update the board?
28 REPLIES 28

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Nuckels,
Have you tried with bios all default settings?
May I have a video about plugged the USB camera in and slow boot and a video about normal boot without the USB camera?
Could you please share me the devices list and which port do you install the each device?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Nuckels,
May I have a video about plugged the USB camera in and slow boot and a video about normal boot without the USB camera?
Could you please share me the devices list and which port do you install the each device?
Thank you.

It still happens with all default settings.
This occurs with no device plugged in but the camera, the port is port 12 according to the manual (there is also only two usb 2.0 ports on this board, one of which is for bios flashback so remains unused.)
Not in a situation where I can make a video, but this information should be suffecient to troubleshoot.

Nuckels wrote:
It still happens with all default settings.
This occurs with no device plugged in but the camera, the port is port 12 according to the manual (there is also only two usb 2.0 ports on this board, one of which is for bios flashback so remains unused.)
Not in a situation where I can make a video, but this information should be sufficient to troubleshoot.

Exactly what I said. Even if you switch ports it's the same. I can't imagine what would happen if I populated all ports. 😞

Let's say if you tried it yourself. In that large Asus warehouse there must be a least one camera lying around.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
Please also share me the model name of your USB camera.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Nuckels and Zardoc,
I'll consult our tech team more about this.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Nuckels and Zardoc,
If you move the USB camera from USB 2.0 port to USB 3.0 port, do you also get longer booting time? or only occur when plugged the USB camera in rear USB 2.0 port?
What is the probability of the longer booting time?
Does it only occur when you turn on the pc first time and the booting time is normal when you restart the pc?
Or does it only occur after you switch the PSU off and on, and then turn on the pc first time?
Thank you.

Zardoc
Level 10
Same thing than with USB 2.0. Occurs on a few boots then seems to settle but issue comes back after a while for no apparent reason. but if you unplug camera, never happens. when you plug camera, it will happen for maybe 3 to 5 boots and then settle. You can reboot multiple times without issue and then you reboot it happens again for maybe 3 to 5 boots.

It just goes to prove that system can boot with camera in the 15 to 17 second delay and for an unknown reason goes up to 30 seconds. It's very annoying because older systems with more USB ports used start steady at around 20 seconds steady.

Like I said before the scratching sound is very present when you plug into a computer via TeamViewer or AnyDesk. It's very annoying.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
May I double confirm it only occur when install the USB camera in rear USB 2.0 port?
Also, it doesn't occur every time you switch the PSU off and on?
Thank you.

Zardoc
Level 10
I never touch the PSU so it has nothing to do with it.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
I'll forward it to our tech team.
Thank you.